Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

Originally posted by DrParasite
    oh yeah? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The
    phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!
    wow you are really original! glad you know how to copy and paste

Forum Member

Originally posted by GetALife
    you should learn how to spell
    oh yeah? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

Juniors are an integral part of the fireground. They are you exterior and support personnel. Why would you roll a volunteer engine not completely full? Let the junior member get on! Why use a firefighter who is qualified for interior work to hit the hydrant or replace SCBA bottles? Throw ladders? Place lighting? These are great tasks for juniors while on the fireground. And if you are saying that juniors are not an essential part of the fireground then you are saying that the list of tasks above is just as unnecessary.

I know this may be the wrong place for this, but I am sick of hearing how "unimportant" junior members are year after year on these forums.

Juniors are the future of your volunteer departments and should not be discouraged.
    Listen junior, you need to understand where us big boys are coming from.

first off, you aren't an integral part of the fire ground. you are an asset, one that should be used, however if you aren't there, the senior members will find away to get the job done. secondly, if there is an empty seat on the apparatus, then your butt should be in it. however, if there are none, and your sitting in one, and I need to get one, you better volunteer to yeild your seat. Third, a junior member can do maybe 25% of what a senior member can do. a senior member can do 100%. if you had to pick between the two, which would you want on your fire scene? forth, I never said any of those tasks listed were unneccessary. however, they can all be done by a senior member.

so kid, you need to understand your role in the department. juniors are not firefighters. For the most part, they can do some exterior ops, but they can't go inside, they can't go on hazmat calls, they can't operate power tools, and they can't do anything that would endager their lives. that's child labor laws. and you can't even say two junior equals one senior firefighter. a junior's roles is to get a good education (that means going to high school, getting good grades, not leaving for fire calls, etc), learning about the fire service, getting as much hands on training as they can, and acting in a support role. This way, when they become senior firefighters, they are already knowledgeable in how the department works.

and before you say I'm anti-junior or whatever, let me tell you this about me. I spent 20 months as a junior on my fire department. I spent 18 months as a junior on my EMS rescue squad. As I said before, I have probably done more stupid stuff while I was a junior than some of the people on these boards. and now that i'm a little old, and a little wiser, I can see how some of the things I did or wanted to do were not good ideas, and I can see why the senior members have their rules, and why they operate like they do. and almost 6 years after I started, I now have Firefighter II, my EMT certification since 1990, a college degree and a good job.

sorry for the rant all, but junior was really starting to **** me off. and get a life, I don't believe for a second that you are either a senior member of your department, or if you are, that you have completed firefighter I
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

thanks for your bio..Well let me tell you where I am coming from. I have been a Lietanent for two years. I have Fire II and First Responder. I too went to college and I am now finishing up my masters. oh...and I have a great job also.

i am done fighting with a jackass like you.

Forum Member

and considering you obviously have no idea how to use resources appropriately, I'm glad I'm not located anywhere near a department that you are an officer in. Your line of thinking is downright dangerous.

and there is no reason for name calling, that's just a sign of immaturity. and i don't believe that you are an officer, got fire II, or are getting your masters. I'm betting you are a 17 year old on a ego trip, maybe you should come back when you GetALife (pun intended)

FF/EMT/DBP

and considering you obviously have no idea how to use resources appropriately, I'm glad I'm not located anywhere near a department that you are an officer in. Your line of thinking is downright dangerous.

and there is no reason for name calling, that's just a sign of immaturity. and i don't believe that you are an officer, got fire II, or are getting your masters. I'm betting you are a 17 year old on a ego trip, maybe you should come back when you GetALife (pun intended)
    the username is to reflect the thoughts and ideas of which you have demonstrated today. I know exactly how to use my resources and I know the limits of each member on my crew, i never mentioned anything about endangering lives or that juniors are firefighters, all I said was that there are plenty of roles for juniors on the fireground when there is an empty seat on the rig.

I never mentioned anything about leaving school. I am discussing procedures that are strictly realted to the fireground. I am sorry that you junior program in central nj was not as in depth and hands on as ours is. ok kid?
    Last edited by GetALife; 12-21-2004 at 01:21 PM.

Forum Member

listen junior, our juniors probably do the exact same thing that your juniors do. they act as gophers, they change bottles, the assist with ladders, etc.

but what you seem to be failing to realize is that senior members can do those things too. that is the reason junior members are nice to have around, but not essential on the fireground. and until you realize that......

i suggest you do what your screen name suggests

FF/EMT/DBP

listen junior, our juniors probably do the exact same thing that your juniors do. they act as gophers, they change bottles, the assist with ladders, etc.

but what you seem to be failing to realize is that senior members can do those things too. that is the reason junior members are nice to have around, but not essential on the fireground. and until you realize that......

i suggest you do what your screen name suggests
    i suggest you pull the stick out of your ***

Forum Member

Exclamation

thanks for your bio..Well let me tell you where I am coming from. I have been a Lietanent for two years. I have Fire II and First Responder. I too went to college and I am now finishing up my masters. oh...and I have a great job also.

i am done fighting with a jackass like you.

Go back to school and pay attention when the teacher is trying to get you to learning spelling!!! You may have been a Lieutenant but you can't spell that French word yet!!

Don't come in here trying to bust someones balls, kiddo!!

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer

Go back to school and pay attention when the teacher is trying to get you to learning spelling!!! You may have been a Lieutenant but you can't spell that French word yet!!

Don't come in here trying to bust someones balls, kiddo!!

here comes another jackass

Forum Member

Angry

here comes another jackass

Hold on here Pal!

I was only suggesting that you learn how to spell before you get in the forums and show that you can't spell.

You do not know me. I do not like the reference you just make about me being "here comes another jackass"!!

I take this as a personal jab and I will not tolerate it not for one minute. I will and have reported you for your rude and nasty behavior!!!

If you want to converse with me in these fourms, it will be in a civil manner! Otherwise, don't bother with the attacks.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

If your such a high and mighty officer, why are you wasting your time hanging out in the kiddie forum? Hmmm.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Originally posted by nmfire
    If your such a high and mighty officer, why are you wasting your time hanging out in the kiddie forum? Hmmm.
    not wasting my time, i was just checking up on the latest trends

MembersZone Subscriber
    Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Attention K-Mart shoppers, will GetALife please report to the Trolls forum!
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

Originally posted by arhaney
    Attention K-Mart shoppers, will GetALife please report to the Trolls forum!
    i bet that joke is really funny in mississippi

Default taking one for the team

Listen everyone,

Sorry that things turned this direction. Lets just get things back on topic. I apologize again.

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't you think that it may a little late for backing out of the dead end street you have pulled into. Please check the following posted by the WEBTEAM

THIS IS THE LAST TIME WE BRING THIS UP BEFORE USERS ARE WHOLESALE REMOVED.

ATTACKING OTHER USERS, FOR *****ANY***** REASON WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ADULTS AND KIDS ALIKE: GROW UP.

If ANY user personally attacks another user from this point forward, regardless of what 'he or she said', you will be removed PERMANENTLY.

If you have a problem with a user, report them. If you don't like what they say, ignore them. If you don't agree with their opinion, post yours.

BUT IF ANY CASE A USER ATTACKS ANOTHER USER, you will be REMOVED PERMANENTLY regardless of the circumstances.

There is not enough time in the day to monitor the extremely childish behavior that has taken place here in the last few days. It will stop now, or some users will need to find a new place to post.

There is no reason to reply to this post, or start a new thread discussing it, it will only be deleted. Just move back to discussing TOPICS not EACH OTHER.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION
    WebTeam
    Last edited by arhaney; 12-21-2004 at 03:14 PM.
    Chief
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

In Memory of:
    1946-2005

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

wow, you seem like a real team player. webteam - i am real scared!

MembersZone Subscriber

We tried, we failed. Reported
    When you speak of team players, you should take a look in the mirror.
    Last edited by arhaney; 12-21-2004 at 03:50 PM.
    Chief
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

In Memory of:
    1946-2005

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12