Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Pineville Chief signing on!

Hello to all. I am Chief of a volunteer department just south of Charlotte, NC. I have been a member of this department for 20 years and served as the Chief the past 12 years. My department has 55 volunteers and provide fire, first response and rescue to a 6.5 square mile district. This past year we had 1690 responses (1210/EMS,480/fire).
    We currently operate 2 new Pierce engines, 1995 Pierce platform, 2004 Marion light rescue, 1999 Marion Heavy rescue and 2005 Ford F350 Chief's vehicle. We also have a "POS" brush truck 1985 Dodge.
    I am hoping to gather info and opinions regarding the management of my department by using this forum venue. I believe the opinions and experiences of other Chiefs and firefighters will assist my decision making process.
    Currently our department is full volunteer. We are beginning to research and develop a daytime paid staff with the assistance of the town. Check out our website pinevillevfd.org
    I also work for a paid department. I am a 18 year member of Charlotte Fire Department and serve as a Captain on Ladder 26 C shift.

Forum Member

Welcome Chief,

Nice to know there are dedicated people in your neck of the woods. Made it down your way a couple of years ago - my dad lives in Raleigh.
    We have been going through the changes of volunteer to paid. We have 3 full time and 40 volunteer. We have based our need for full time members on day time response (hard pressed to get 10 members during the weekday) and fire prevention through building inspections. We hope to have 2 more full time this year!

Good luck!
    Dave

Thread Information