Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hybrid vehicles

Default Hybrid vehicles

Toyota has a website where you can download information about their alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles. I dwonloaded it and put the information with our Holmatro Vehicle Extrication rescue guide, as I have noticed quite a few Toyota Prius' on my communities streets.

Honda (Insight, Civic and Accord), Ford (Escape) and Lexus (Rx400h) also have hybrid vehicles , some introduced this model year

The site is http://techninfo.toyota.com

It is in the Adobe pdf format.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Thanks for the link. I saw 3 Prius's today simply traveling.
    Developer and Sr. Presenter, Team Xtreme
    BIG RIG RESCUE

MembersZone Subscriber

Cap'n Gonzo:

I could not get the link to work to the info, and I would really like to see it. I am putting together a binder of stuff for work...I looked on their website and couldn't find it. If you run across it let me know.

Thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation No Go.

The link didn't work for me either.
    09.11.01--Never Forgotten
    FTM_PTB

"Darn those pesky flaming mice."

Forum Member

http://techinfo.toyota.com/

Look under "Valuable Resources"
    click: EMERGENCY RESPONSE & HYBRID INFORMATION

Originally posted by nsideff
    Cap'n Gonzo:

I could not get the link to work to the info, and I would really like to see it. I am putting together a binder of stuff for work...I looked on their website and couldn't find it. If you run across it let me know.

Thanks!
    I added an extra "n" in the web addy.. my bad!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

FH Mag/.com Contributor

http://www.firegraphics.org/erg.htm

I've got all 8 ERGs that I know of posted here on my site.

Of course I still find this quote from the Toyota FCHV ERG the most amusing:

It is possible to approach burning hydrogen, not see the flame and feel no heat. A UV optical detector/sensor may be used to aid in detection of a hydrogen fire (if available). A hydrogen fire may also be detected by using a long handled broom:
    1. The bristles should be made of a material that is easily ignited but does not release toxic fumes when burning, for example corn straw brooms.
    2. Hold the broom in front of you while slowly approaching the vehicle. It will ignite when passed through the hydrogen fire.

I have yet to find a broom with a long enough handle that I'd perform this trick. 4-5000psi Hydrogen tanks? I don't think there's a telescope made strong enough for me to see the car from where I'd be sitting.
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Forum Member

BC79er, thanks for the post - I ave been putting together a plan to deal with these vehicles, found dealing with Honda and Ford very hard!
    Thanks again
    Dave

Thread Information