makes good girls go bad

Default Atlantic City FD

I am originally from Ocean City (the real one in New Jersey NOT MD) and am planning on moving back after my time in the US Navy. I am very intrested in joining a busy FD in the area, and it looks like ACFD would be the best choice. Does anyone have info on who to contact, and their run #s? I tried their website, but it is currently down
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Any questions regarding recruitment, testing dates, test scores, and eligibility rankings should be directed to the NJ Department of Personnel for assistance.

Currently the Atlantic City Fire Department, like most city fire departments in NJ, conduct firefighter hiring by utilizing a Civil Service list maintained by the New Jersey Department of Personnel. Specific information regarding firefighter entry positions is available at http://www.state.nj.us/personnel/pub...hter_opps.htm. Please understand that most cities in New Jersey require city residency for entry level firefighters.

Applications are available from the NJ Department Of Personnel web site. Applications are announced and will be posted on the NJDOP website. Applications will also be available at most city fire stations, fire headquarters or city hall. Once they are available you will then be required to complete, and mail in the applications along with a $35.00 fee directly to the NJ Department of Personnel.

Once you have taken the civil service exam you will then be ranked according to score, and will be notified accordingly. Applicants who achieve a high ranking will be certified by the Department of Personnel, and the hiring procedure will begin with the appointing authority as the need for additional firefighters arise. All applicants who meet the veterans preference requirements receive a passing score will be placed above all those who do not meet the veterans preference requirements.

If you would like further information, you can contact the NJ Department of Personnel directly at (609) 292-4144, or visit their website at http://www.state.nj.us/personnel/
    DKK
    Truck Man
    APFD
    IAFF Local 384:

"Above all, an assignment to a truck company should be considered a promotion."

Chief John W. Mittendorf-1998

Forum Member

BLSboy, are you looking to join as a volunteer member or as a paid employee? AC is a 24/7 paid department, so you will need to apply like everyone else and prob end up waiting a while. for a volunteer department, you might want to look at the departments in maryland, as they don't have residency requirements, and they will be busy like you are looking for.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

Also you must be a resident at the time you apply for the test in order for residency to count. I can assure you that people will be checking.

makes good girls go bad

Sry bout the delay getting back to y`all. I was processing at the Jacksonville MEPS today, and a bad wreck occoured involving 2 of our brothers, please pray for them.
    Back to the subject....., I want to be a paid FF-Medic, and the residentcy requirement is no big issue for me. I know of afew vollie depts in the area, and I`m pretty sure I can find work as an EMT(Medic) once I get it.

Thanx for all your help

ajz
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Some Guy

Sorry but there are no ff/medics in the lovely state of New Jersey. There are only ff/emts. If you wish to be a paramedic you will have work for a hospital.
    This space for rent

Forum Member

Default age limit

NJ has an age limit for new hires check with civil service only some of your military time is credited.

makes good girls go bad

Yes, but they have Veterens Preference, do they not? Also, there are no Fire-Medics in the whole state? Wow
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

dont have to be a paramedic, thats a blessing! lets fight some f*cking fire! whoohoo!
    FTM-PTB/Leather Forever

Thread Information