Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: HELLO! from NH

Talking HELLO! from NH

Hello,
    Well, Im not really sure how this works, but Im willing to try it out. I was told by some friends that this was a great place to meet and talk with others in the business from all over the US.

So to start I guess, Im on a fire department in southern NH. We are a pay by call department and have about 25 firefighters, a paramedic, and about 10 EMS. OOH and our newest group/members our 8 explorers. Were a pretty good size group. We have three houses spread over the town. Each housing atleast two pieces of apperatus.

Im twenty-two, and on my fifth year of service with the department. I love every minute of it. Lately we've been a little slow though. Good for the community, not good for my pay check. Hopefully in the next year or so Ill be full time somewhere in the area. Thats the goal and all.

Well gotta go.
    SYATBO
    Rath De Ort

RSM

Hey there and welcome aboard....Enjoy!!!!!
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Smile Hey neighbor!

Hey where in southern NH? I'm on Brookline. I was on Hollis too for a lil bit, but I couldnt be on both depts. After I finish school I'm looking to try to get on Nashua.
    ~Leather Forever~
    ~Real women fight fires, the others just stand around, get in the way and don't do crap.~

Isnt that everyones goal??? I would LOVE to work for Nashua too. Im out of Deering. Near Hillsboro, Weare, Henniker. Im trying to get into the career FF class in April. (keepn my fingers crossed)
    Rath De Ort

RSM

That's southern NH? LOL, jk.
    Hey good luck to getting into C2F2. I was put on a waiting list the first time I applied to it.
    I took Hazmat decon with some Deering guys up in Antrim.
    ~Leather Forever~
    ~Real women fight fires, the others just stand around, get in the way and don't do crap.~

yah thats southern. your?
    yah Im keepn my fingers crossed. Ild really like to make it on the first go round.
    Really do remember any names???
    Rath De Ort

RSM

Don't remember names, but one guy used to be on Tynsboro MA. FD. Two other guys (I think they were brothers) drove a tiny tan car with a lightbar on the roof and flame seat covers.
    ~Leather Forever~

Oh I think that that was the Warren Brothers??? I think I remember them being in that class know. I'm trying to think of the other person??? are you going to take FFII in the spring???
    Rath De Ort

RSM

I took FF2 in May of 2003. I did it in the recruit school program.
    ~Leather Forever~

Im hoping to get in to the rookie school this spring. What did you think of it? I have my paper work all ready to go now Im just waiting for the letter that says your in.
    Rath De Ort

RSM

I took level 1 somewheres else, but I started recuit school in the beginning of Level 2 and it was fun. There were only 2 females (including myself). It's a little hard, because most of the recruits work for the cities (concord, manch). But I learned sooo much. Make sure you know your knots before you do level 2.
    ~Leather Forever~

hey from central nh (at least thats where i am now till i go back to keene jan 16.)
    Jaime
    No longer an explorer-
    Currently Keene State College Class of 2008
    KEENE STATE RUGBY #5!!!
    I shed blood for my ruggers.
    <forever ruggers, forever sisters>
    www.kscwrfc.org

All gave some, some gave all. Gone but not forgotten. 9/11/01

Hi
    Good luck at keene.
    Were in central NH?

thanks for the advise on the knots been trying to brush up on all that lately w/ the dept.
    Yah and find that its either just me or one other female when I take most classes. But I havent run into any trouble with it. I can't wait hard work but alot of fun is just what I like. Im sure the full time guys have a ton to teach that you would never think of and have some great stories of learning experiences.

ttfn
    Rath De Ort

RSM

Thread Information