Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    back home for the first time in MANY years

Default looking for Fire Control II class

Hi there.

I need one class to complete my NC FF-II certification, and that lone remaining course is Fire Control II. This is a difficult class to find, so if any of you know about any department or community college that might be holding or sponsoring FC-II or FC-I/II please post that information here.

Thanks in advance!

Default Fire Control in Eden

Eden Fire will be have FC Lev 1 & 2 on Feb. 2, 9, 16, 23, & 26 The day class is from 8 am to noon and the night class is from 6pm to 10pm and the Saturday class is from 8 am to 5 pm. Email if you have any question at rescue105@earthlink.net

Thanks
    Jason

FYI: Finished up my certification through Wake Tech -- took the last class at Eastern Wake back in February. It is good to finally have the paper in hand, I tell you.

Next goal: I think I'm going for Fire Instructor.

Forum Member

Congrats on that ranahan! I know you are relieved to get that over with!
    Tell me, I will forget. Show me, I will remember. Involve me, I will understand.

Originally posted by benford1
    Congrats on that ranahan! I know you are relieved to get that over with!
    You'd better believe I was happy to get that done! I took my first FF certification class in Burke County in 1994. Of course, the Army years came between here and there, but still -- that's a long time to be working on this! I'm thrilled to have finally reached one of my goals (the hard way, no less), and hopefully I can continue learning new skills as well as refining the stuff I already know how to do.

But I'm beginning to look even more forward to passing what I've learned along to others. I know what it's like to be somewhere where there was no real guidance from the senior guys (there wasn't anyone with experience). And I think no guy or gal who is willing to do this job should have to enter this job without the wisdom and assistance of those who've gone before him...so maybe I can do my part to pass some of that along.

Forum Member

Always good to hear someone with that attitude! Pass along what you know to make the next generation of firefighters better than we are. I look forward to hearing from you in e-mails.
    Tell me, I will forget. Show me, I will remember. Involve me, I will understand.

Thread Information