Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Bad situation turned good.....

Before the lieutenant position opened in my company, I have been the elected president of the company for 2 years. Once the lieutenant position was open, I was appointed and am still the acting president until the election next month.

We sell christmas trees every year as our main fundraiser. We can usually bet on 10-15 K profit from the fundraiser. In the past we have never had any problems with man power. We have one or two free-loaders, but most everyone put their time in. Well for the past 2 weeks, nothing has gotten done to prepare for the fundraiser. If we had kept on that pace, we wouldnt be selling trees on time. I frequent the firehouse daily, and everyday there would be at least three guys hanging out, on the internet, playing PS2, but not doing anything to get ready for the trees!!

As the acting president I made the decision that I needed to take action, and fast, in order to get things in order. I decided to take the following steps:

1: post and remind members of the rules and regulations that have been "looked over" in the past few months
    2: take away internet connection
    3: take away PS2

Well, within a week, the message was sent. Some of the members were ****ed at me, but the bulk of the members understood why it was done, and got everything together.

I'm pretty proud of my guys about this. They really got together and the bull by its horns.

I just thought I'd share this for other officers/ members to keep in mind that rec rooms and such are a great idea, but sometimes have to be restricted in order for members to get back in line.

MembersZone Subscriber Trafficjockey93's Avatar

Very well done. I wish you well on your tree sales.

HMMM could it be your leadership abilities that got you appointed as Lt? Could be.

Congratulations on the appointment.
    SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
    "Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

Once a Marine, Always a Marine

I got the best of both worlds- Firefighter and Marine

thanks, hopefully the new position will introduce me to new situations and continue to test my ability to do my job.

congrats, and sounds like an awsome firehouse to have ps2 im guessing that the firehouse is located on a tree farm? or do you go somewhere else?

LOL

After the 2nd paragraph I said to myself "lose the PS2, problem solved". Then kept reading.

Good call.

Well, christmas tree sales are up and running. This weekend should be the start of the "rush". We have had a few sales up to today, but today it will pick up nicely. All the JR members/probies have been up there everyday, doing a great job. I get asked about the playstation everyday though They will get it back when tree sales are over.

Thread Information