HOUSE FIRE -- American Fork firefighters responded to a home near 100 East and 400 North in American Fork around 7:15 p.m. Friday on a report of a house fire. Crews found the basement of the home on fire, Sgt. Shauna Greening said. Investigators were able to determine the fire started when a hand-held weed-cutting machine fell from the top of a stairwell to the landing, where a gasoline can was being stored. The weed cutter knocked the gas can over, and when the pilot light on the water heater at the bottom of the stairs came on, it ignited fumes from the spilled gas. No one was at home when the fire started. Firefighters were able to douse the blaze quickly, and most of the home suffered only smoke damage. Total damages were estimated at $10,000.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
11-27-2004, 12:34 PM #1
Utah-American Fork VFD Battles FireFront line since 1983 and still going strong
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)