Forum Member

yea this is the first time Ive heard that term. LOL.
    (Brotherhood) its not just a word its an unbreakable bond!

dazed and confused

Careful with the "taste" of the pictures... it would not be cool if the IMG code were disabled. I find them funny, but if someone finds them offensive, bye bye to IMG use.
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Forum Member

He seems to have forgotten that there are "dedicated volunteers" that aren't employed by an FD that do not fit the definition of a whacker.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking I Just Got Promoted

Heck I just got promoted to Wacker.

If a person is a Wacker just because they are a Vol. Firefighter
    Then Im D@mn Proud to be a Wacker.

Remember we Do the same thing paid guys do without any pay.
    and alot of us have made or will make a career out of it, too.
    just some food for thought.

P.S.
    This is probably the most idiotic post I have read yet.
    next to Chief Clark

Vol. FF/EMT and Proud Wacker.
    Last edited by Firemanjoe213; 11-29-2004 at 10:43 PM.

Dr Parasite have disagreed on a few things on these boards, but I'm afraid he's lost it now. Or maybe just trying to stir the pot???
    I smell a troll...
    "Don't just do something, stand there!!!"

Forum Member

No come back from the good Doctor would be a good indication that he's pulling our collective chain.

-bob-

dazed and confused

Haha, right. Don't give him the easy way out.

"pulling our chain."

Please.

Forum Member

Glad to see I'm not the only one who humors himself with ebaumsworld.com... That crap is funny as heck; the prank calls alone are enough to keep you busy for a week!

You might be a wacker if...

You spend all night posting a cheesy poem to see how many people you can **** off.

dazed and confused

LOL

(yes the soundboards are great... a dangerous thing when it's quiet in dispatch and most of your friends are sleeping, errr, WERE sleeping)

MembersZone Subscriber

Now thats a U Might Be A Wacker:
    that I can agree with, well that an putting ur helmet in a stove
    to give it some scars. But thats another thread.

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Well it may be intened to be humorous.........I took it as another WORTHLESS paid vs volly thread.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

IACOJ BOD

How much bush can a bush wacker wack
    when a bush wacker wacks bush?

These are weighty questions, that need consideration in these dangerous times.

Two quotes from the original poster.

a wacker doesn't get paid a dedicated employee does
    And from da signature line.....

"Ignorance is when a man doesn't know everything. Stupidity is when a man thinks he does."
    OOPS, do I see a foot in da mouth?
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Just take your anger out on Mini-Me. He is the root of all evil
    Maybe (and I do mean maybe) it's not that we hate mini-me, perhaps we just don't understand him!

Just Kidding
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

Truckie

Damn dude, you need to get with a busier company or get a hobby....

On edit-
    Don't get me wrong Dr Parasite, I didn't say it wasn't funny!
    Last edited by SPFDRum; 12-01-2004 at 10:26 AM.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

geez, i guess that got a bunch of people's panties in a twist.

some of you guys needs to get out more. and buff, please tell me where I insulted the 800,000 volunteer firefighters in the world, cause I just reread what I posted, and can't find it

If a person is a Wacker just because they are a Vol. Firefighter Then Im D@mn Proud to be a Wacker.

Remember we Do the same thing paid guys do without any pay.
    actually, no, being a volunteer firefighter does not make you a wacker, I'm not sure were you would come up with that. And as for your second statement, I agree with your 100%. I really do. however, some career firefighters would disagree with you on that one (not all, but some in certain areas that I have been to, and I'm sure in others that I havn't)

He seems to have forgotten that there are "dedicated volunteers" that aren't employed by an FD that do not fit the definition of a whacker.
    actually, dedicated volunteers aren't neccessarily wackers. in fact, the majority of volunteer firefighters aren't wackers, just a small minority. so it wasn't forgotten they were just not addressed.

let me be perfectly clear, for those that missed the point of it. it's partially a comparison between the perceptions about a new (as in less than 2 years on the job) paid firefighter and a new volunteer firefighter (as in less than 2 years on the job).

am I wrong? maybe. but it's what I have seen in my short career. I've only been at this for 6 years, so I havn't seen it all. but these are just observations I have seen both career and volunteer firefighters make. and that doesn't mean all volunteers are wackers, just a small minority (but I bet we all have one on our department).

oh yeah, and there actually was a point to it (even though now that I reread it, it wasn't as clear as I orginally thought):

What some people consider to be a trait of a (volunteer) whacker, and what some people consider to be a trait of a dedicated (career) employee are sometimes very similar. but because people look at career guys and volunteers differently, the same
    "event" or "description" can be used to form a different opinion about someone. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that too, or was it just me.

so go get your panties out of the cracks of your *****, take a breather, and have an off duty beer. and go onto another thread that makes you all warm and fuzzy. and if the WebTeam thinks I'm out of line with this, they can either close or delete this thread, with no hard feelings.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

Originally posted by DrParasite
    and buff, please tell me where I insulted the 800,000 volunteer firefighters in the world, cause I just reread what I posted, and can't find it
    I believe it was this line here:

Originally posted by DrParasite
    a wacker doesn't get paid

a dedicated employee does
    That could be read to say "volunteer firefighters are wackers" since we don't get paid.

Truth be told, that's how I took it at first and was a bit offended myself, but after thinking about it, I don't think that's what you really meant to say.
    Chris Gaylord
    Emergency Planner / Fire Captain, UC Santa Cruz FD

Forum Member

To Sum this Thread Up:

Last edited by KEEPBACK200FEET; 11-30-2004 at 01:42 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hmmmmmm....

Wacker in POV...

Or dedicated employee to actualy put up with using such equipment...

-Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

MembersZone Subscriber

LOL, I have been looking for a decent excuse to use all of these funny forum pictures I have collected over the years.

-Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default volunteers

Although everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you dealt a huge blow to your own credibility with your random thoughts. What you have said indicates you don't deserve a response, but I just have to anyway. I feel sorry for you. You don't know what it takes to make a good, dedicated fire fighter because you are so into status and your overblown pride. That said, I do respect you and all fire fighters for putting it on the line daily. You still are in the job. Just be safe and keep your brothers safe.

Forum Member

I feel sorry for you. You don't know what it takes to make a good, dedicated fire fighter because you are so into status and your overblown pride.
    um, yeah, ok, that's what I'm into....
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

MembersZone Subscriber

Default wacker

So, what I really need to do is lighten up, not get so cranked over some obvious facts, and read all the replies to the thread before I reply. I guess if you don't learn something new you are not trying hard enough, right?

Forum Member

Thumbs up

GTCJIM, you're learning already, maybe if more people learned what you just learned, the forums would be a much happier place.

welcome to the forums.

FF/EMT/DBP

Let's talk fire trucks!

Default From another point of view...

Let me start off by saying that I'm both career (firefighter) and volunteer (district fire chief). It sounds like a lot of people took Parasite's post in the wrong text.

I didn't see the post at all as put down on the volunteers - it was a self-analysis of the fire service. From what I read, he was trying to say that a career FF and a volunteer FF can do the exact same thing (and for the most part, they do), but because one recieves a paycheck, and one doesn't, their actions are seen in a completely different light.

Seen in a different light by whom, you ask? Usually career firefighters, unfortunately.

I would say that most of us know that NOT all volunteers are wackers, squirrels, woo-woo's, or whatever you call them in your neck of the woods. There are thousands of professional, well-trained, well-equipped volunteer departments out there, with a smattering of guys/gals that are over-the-edge: going to the Fire Expo in Harrisburg, PA wearing your fire pager, even though your from upstate NY, and expect the thing to do off...things like that.

And I do have a union sticker on my truck, along with a union plate. Does this make me a "paid wacker"? Maybe so, but I know that I try to lead my VFD by example, and remain professional at all times, and keep the newbies in line, and try to keep them from at least appearing to be the textbook "wacker".

Ok, soapbox off, back to lurking.

MembersZone Subscriber

OK, Dr., I get your point about the perception thing. I see we're you're coming from.

*Tugs* Undergarment adjusted.

Thread Information