Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Cairns 1010 Helmets, anybody have any experience with them?

Hey guys, I'm looking into purchasing one of the Cairns 1010 helmets because I want the traditional looking helmet without the expense and hassle of caring for a leather. Does anybody have a 1010? If so, do you like it, have any problems, or have any suggestions for a better traditional looking composite helmet. Thanks.

God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Default Re: Cairns 1010 Helmets, anybody have any experience with them?

Originally posted by ACClauhs
    Hey guys, I'm looking into purchasing one of the Cairns 1010 helmets because I want the traditional looking helmet without the expense and hassle of caring for a leather. Does anybody have a 1010? If so, do you like it, have any problems, or have any suggestions for a better traditional looking composite helmet. Thanks.
    Use the search feature on the left........... I bet you will find at least 100 threads talking about helmet types and the 1010........

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Cairns 1010 Helmets, anybody have any experience with them?

Originally posted by ACClauhs
    I like my Cairns 1010. It is a bit older, possibly even from the mid 1990s, so I cannot speak on the new ones, but I don't believe they have changed that much. It fits nicely on my head. I actually like the looks of the Ben 2 better, but it doesn't fit or stay on my head as good as the Cairns. I would recommend trying on each helmet and seeing what you like the best.

Default 1010...

I have a 1010 as a back up. (department issued) My main
    helmet is a Morning Pride 2.

Have one ...........and like it. The search function is your friend.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

I wore a 1010 for years. Loved it. Light, fit snugly, and protected my nugget when I needed it to.

I have a Paul Conway American Heritage leather currently, but when it's done I'll probably go back to a 1010 or Cairns leather. My helmet on my gear at our second station is a 1010.
    "Captain 1 to control, retone this as a structure and notify the fire chief...."

Safety is no accident.

No better helmet on the market!

Our department issued them to everyone about a year ago. I personally like them, though there's a few on the department who think they're too heavy and wide (we wore metro-style helmets before, and most if not all of the other departments in the area do as well).
    Chris Gaylord
    Emergency Planner / Fire Captain, UC Santa Cruz FD

I just got a Paul Conway Classic last month and love it. We got traditional helmet samples from about five manufacturers last year, and the Conway was the favorite.

A few guys have got the Bullard traditional helmet, but it weighs over 2 lbs. more than the Conway. I got mine with the goggles, and it has a lower profile than all of the other helmets. The eagle front holder on the 1010 we saw was a flimsy piece of brass, while the Conway front holder is much stronger. The Conway also has an adjustable ride height, which gives a lower center of gravity than the Bullard.

Forum Member

Iv had my 1010 about a year, and i havent had any problems with it, I would recomend u get one.

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

I love my Paul Conway Classic but we just got a grant for PPE and the dept is going with the 1010s. I'm going to miss my Paul Conway, going to have to get use to a faceshield again and not my bourkes.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Thread Information