MembersZone Subscriber

Default World's Dumbest Criminals

Police: Dealers Report Stolen Marijuana To Authorities

CALLAWAY, Fla. -- Help, police, someone stole my pot!

A Panhandle couple is under arrest after notifying police Thursday that their quarter-pound stash of marijuana was stolen and that they needed the weed back, because they were going to later sell it.

"They're America's dumbest criminals," said Lt. Ricky Ramie, head of the Bay County Sheriff's Office narcotics task force.

Deputies arrested 18-year-old John Douglas Sheetz and 17-year-old Misty Ann Holmes and charged the duo with possession of marijuana with intent to deliver and possession of drug paraphernalia.

According to the police report, the couple returned to the home they share and found the home broken into and a quarter-pound of marijuana missing. They immediately called authorities to report the break-in and theft.

Police said the couple told them they were going to resell the marijuana and allowed the detectives to search the apartment. Investigators discovered several marijuana stems among other drug paraphernalia during the search, The News Herald in Panama City reported for Saturday editions.

They were taken to the Bay County Jail and are each being held on $17,500 bond.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking It does happen

During my junior and senior years of college, I rented a house with up to 6 other people.

Two of them were tokers. Once, after the cable guy was at the house, they discovered their stash was missing. These genius's called the cable company and lodged a complaint that someone stole their ganja.

Whoever was on the other end asked if they would like a police officer sent over so they could register a complaint, and they bit on it.

I would have let them go through with it, but another housemate explained how stupid they were, and why they were stupid to file a police report about (a large amount) of missing pot, and they decided right then and there to go home for the weekend. The police showed up just a few minutes after they left. The police, hearing they were gone, left, and never came back (at least about that incident, there was the time they showed up because the neighbors were worried about the naked maniquins on the upper deck )
    Last edited by pfd3501; 12-06-2004 at 01:50 PM.

Forum Member

A Police Officer told me one time that they don't catch the smart bad guys, only the dumb ones.

Have you ever thought about how they never loose anybody in cops?

I know kids that are 16 and have outrun cops before... makes ya think, whos really fooling who here?
    FTM-PTB/Leather Forever

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by N8sfd333
    I know kids that are 16 and have outrun cops before...
    Congratulations...that's just about the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted on these forums.

Did you ever think that maybe the cops let these little jag-offs go before they smashed into some innocent people in another car?

Who IS fooling who?
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

Lightbulb

took a good one just tonight ........lady got rear ended claiming a back injury so the 911 call taker sent her over to me and after she tells me this, the other person flees the scene...........well guess what ? since it was a rear end collision, he was kind enough to inadvertenly leave his front plate, bracket and all on the scene !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Disillusioned Subscriber

I had a kid that was a suspect in a fire I investigated a couple of years ago. Stupid act number 1...he came to the interview wearing the same shoes that he had worn when he set the fire. My accelerant dog alerted to his shoes while he was in the hallway waiting for us to talk to him. In addition to finding the same stuff on his shoes that he had poured in the building, we eventually were able to match the tread pattern to foot prints we found in and around the structure.

Stupid act number 2....when he was convicted of setting the above mentioned fire (go figure ), he was sentenced to probation and to undergo random drug testing as a part of that probation. Well, our genius was called to submit a test. Knowing that he had partaken of a doobie or two, realized that he would come back positive for dope, and he would have to say bye-bye. Being the rocket scientist he was, he decided that he would bring an adult relative's urine specimen to submit for the test. Not a bad plan considering that they collected the sample unsupervised. The problem came from the fact that the adult relative was a bigger dope head than he was; the sample came back positive for cocaine. (Lesson number 1...ask your urine supplier if he's using more dope than you before you accept his urine for a test)

Needless to say, the judge was less than amused. As far as I know, he's still locked up. Hell, he may be at Gitmo for all I know.
    Last edited by Steamer; 12-06-2004 at 11:20 PM.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Forum Member

A guy over here was convicted for his part in a burglary a few years ago. His fingerprints were found in this house. At court his defence lawyer asked for his lack of experience in these matters to count for somthing when he was sentenced...He was part of a a 3 man "team" and had never done a burglary before. His two accomplices told him to wear gloves for the job...he wore fingerless ones
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

A guy went into a convenience store and bought a few items, when he got to the checkout he didnt have enough cash to pay for the things he wanted. The clerk said if he gave ID he could bring the money in later, so dumbo gives the clerk his D/L. then pulls a gun and robs the till. Its strange how the police knew where he lived.

hey, WTFD10
    that was exactly my point i was trying to make the stupidity of todays people. way to make yourself look like an *****.
    FTM-PTB/Leather Forever

Forum Member

At our police station, large amounts of frozen prisoner food kept disappearing. The food was kept in a fridge in the booking/interview room. There is a camera on the wall to record confessions and what ever else happens in the room for court. So when they got tired of having to go out to a fast food place to feed the prisoners, they decided to leave the camera on overnight to see what was happening. It turns out the cleaning company workers were treating themselves to free lunch the whole time. I hope they liked the food- they get plenty of it now.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Here Too!...................

Dumbness abounds........ Frederick County Maryland, Few winters back, Coupla guys in a Van clean out a bunch of stuff from a residence. Sheriff was waiting when the van owner drove into his driveway. Seems that, as they were leaving the Farmhouse that they robbed, they had to turn around, and backed into a snowbank. By doing that, they left the imprint of the van's Tag in the snow. Annapolis Maryland, a few days ago. Drunk leads a police chase thru the city at a harrowing pace of 30 mph. Drunk turns into a parking lot to try to get away, bails out of the car, hides in a stairwell of the STATE POLICE Building.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Last spring I was working on the pacific island of Saipan. The island is dominated by a single mountain peak. There are several cellular service providers on Saipan and several others on nearby Guam that also provide coverage on Saipan. A Guam based company held the rights to provide "iDen" (aka nextel type) services on the island. The owner of a Saipan based cell company wanted those rights. So he hired two thugs from Guam, gave them a 5 gallon gas can and some cash. With the cash the thugs bought a crowbar and boltcutters at a hardware store (a transaction caught on tape). then that night they forced entry to the fence around the cell tower complex ontop of the mountain, and then the electronic's building of the iDen service provider. Then discard said tools-covered in fingerprints-on site. They then spread the gasoline throughout the building, and touched it off to a resounding BOOM that was heard and reported to emergency dispatch by several nearby residents. FD units arrived, reporting an explosion had occured, but there was no fire at present, and requested PD. The iDen system was back up online in days with help from Mottorola, but here's the kicker, the explosion was so powerful it also damaged the FBI's radio repeater equipment in an exposure building. This of course ****ed off the FBI, who helped local PD nab the crooks in a matter of days (hello, it's a small island, you can't stay there!) They were charged locally with criminal trespassing and arson, and charged federally with interfering with interstate communications (or something like that) and damaging federal property. The owner was also charged with a slew of conspirosy charges.
    IACOJ light and power detail

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Then there was the guy who held up a bank, wrote the "Gimmee the money" note on the back of one of his own account pay in slips!!

Forum Member

Default Re: World's Dumbest Criminals

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Police: Dealers Report Stolen Marijuana To Authorities

"They're America's dumbest criminals," said Lt. Ricky Ramie, head of the Bay County Sheriff's Office narcotics task force.

I once served on a grand jury and found the experience to be quite educational. We would hear up to 20 cases a day and many were on the humerous side. During one case, the prosecutor had finished presenting the evidence and asked if anyone had any questions (unlike juries in a jury trial, grand juries are allowed to ask questions.) Our foreman raised his hand and asked the prosecutor if he really expected us to believe anyone could be that stupid. The prosecutor replied that he wasn't charging the defendent with being intelligent or having any common sense. We handed down the indictment.

BTW, if you ever get the opportunity to serve on a grand jury, don't pass it up. The court even let me fit it in around my work schedule.

Forum Member

Originally posted by WTFD10

Congratulations...that's just about the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted on these forums.

Did you ever think that maybe the cops let these little jag-offs go before they smashed into some innocent people in another car?

Who IS fooling who?
    I thought he meant on foot. It wouldn't be hard for me in my advanced years to do with some of the local cops. But then again I would have to give them a reason to chase me.

I have concluded there are very few justifications for a person over 30 to sprint.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information