Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Default Department Websites

Post deleted.

Users reminded they cannot promote their own businesses here, directly or indirectly. Suggesting you 'found' a business that has great deals for firefighters is great ... as long as its not your OWN business.

Thank you
    WebTeam
    Please visit http://www.wvfirefighters.com the source for fire / ems news and information.

ours is http://www.jtfd1.org

i think we have a really good looking one. havent seen many others.

Holy S**T!!!

If they are charging 350 dollars for that, then I'm being greatly under paid.

(Not to plug myself but) I would do the same thing for "near cost" to a FD.

http://www.maumellefire.com

If I charged what the guys at bvfdfair's link charge, my department wouldn't be able to afford my services. Heh. Seriously, it sounds like those guys are using a template... which means that the $350 is almost straight profit and the end product isn't worth it.

People,

Look at his name, look at some of the sites that companies made. Look at who made the site in his signature.

Somehow, they are all linked..
    Last edited by 42VTExplorer; 12-07-2004 at 12:55 AM.

It looks like that company made his department's website and a few others but I don't see any direct connection between the individual and company.

You can get 1gb of storage and 25gb of bandwidth, 200 e-mail accounts with a gb of email storage, 10 subdomains, and a million other goodies for $4.99/mo = $60.00 per year and that includes registering your domanin name.

Cozmosis, I suspect you are right about the template thing. They take pictures you already had and put them on a website. It probably takes them all of an hour to build the whole thing with all of 3 pages and 12 pictures. Someone is making a lot of profit off that.

I made ours for free and it is 16 pages plus a flash intro, and I took every image on the page myself with the exception of the banner. Not everyone's department has people well versed in web design, which I can understand but that is a LOT of money for a "special package" that doesn't include jack shizzle.

edit---
    Forgot the URL. http://www.nmvfc.org
    Last edited by nmfire; 12-07-2004 at 08:22 AM.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Nothing wrong with using a template, but charging $350 for that seems a bit out of bounds. For $350 the site should at looks good. I know firecompanies uses a template for most of thier sites, but the template looks professional, and thats what counts.

By the way... nice looking site, cozmosis. It is a great example of a quality job on a fire department website.

bvfdfair... it is a bit shady to say "If you dont have one I found a place" when you own the place you are promoting. Wasn't there a thread on here about being honest when promoting products and just say "I design websites for fire departments."
    Last edited by Epinephrine; 12-07-2004 at 08:19 AM.

bvfdfair... it is a bit shady to say "If you dont have one I found a place" when you own the place you are promoting. Wasn't there a thread on here about being honest when promoting products and just say "I design websites for fire departments."
    Take a look at Bou's 'Why I back Eatstress.com' thread...

MembersZone Subscriber sconfire's Avatar

Coz... nice site! Here's Mine www.ncfd.org and www.sconfire.com They are working on servers right now (12-7-04 @ 0912 EST) They should be back up in a little while.
    Last edited by sconfire; 12-07-2004 at 09:12 AM.
    Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
    North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
    "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
    www.legacyofheroes.org
    www.firehistory.org
    www.sconfire.com

former FH.com member

Thumbs up This one's my favorite!

These guys do a fantastic job with their "unofficial" site. Tons of updates/pics/info.

http://www.sanantonioFIRE.org

Thread Information