Thread: Goggles

MembersZone Subscriber

Question Goggles

Question for the hood ,

Brotherhood that is. Do any of you have goggles or glasses/eye- protection that "never" fogs up in all your training and street events? If so, what are they? I have tried so many different "FOGGLES" it is ridiculous. Some I have been a little disappointed and some VERY, and some were just "OK". I have yet to find a pair that DO NOT FOG UP at all. I have tried the anti-fog goo on a few pairs with some success. Any good news stories on eyewear bro's? Help us all out here. I may have to get a pair for myself and wrap it for the holidays.

Be safe.

Fraternally, Jordan
    "Making Sense with Common Sense"
    Motor Vehicle Rescue Consultants
    ( MVRC@comcast.net) Jordan Sr.

Forum Member

Good luck! I have been down the same path as you. Best solution I have found is to fork out the $$$ to buy an "Assault" helmet witht he built-in goggles. There is enough air movement around them that they do not fog up. You just have to endure the harassment from your brothers and sisters for wearing a helmet that makes you look like "Marvin the Martian"!
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

I bought a pair of "safety glasses" from Home Depot for about $10. They have not fogged up in the year since I got them. I wear them in addition to my helmet face shield.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

I have a pair of ESS goggles which do fog up regularly. I also have two pairs of safety glasses which I have in my gear at all times. Sure, the goggles look cool but they fog up and usually end up back on the helmet in favor of the safety glasses.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Jordan, a few ideas for you. On my helmet I have a pair of ESS goggles that have a thermal lense in place of the one that comes with the goggle. The thermal is dual paned as opposed to a single, and can be ordered from ESS to upgrade your existing goggles. I have never had these fog on my during a call, but they have fogged during prolonged training.
    ESS also had a tactical goggle with a small fan in the upper housing. Expensive, but shouldn't fog. I say shouldn't because I haven't used the ESS fan googles, but I do have a pair of goggles from a different manufacturer with a micro fan and they rock. I can't quote the battery life, but I'm guessing 30 hours on AA batteries and no problems fogging ever.

Thread Information