Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Help

First,I have done a search of the old threads and wasn't able to find what I was looking for, hope someone can help.

What I am looking for is any feedback good and bad on Securitex 2F3 turnout gear. I have read all the stuff that Flint is going through.

Also any feedback on Globe G-Extreme turnout gear.

Our dept. is getting new turnouts from the 2004 grant and we are down to these two as possibles.

Thanks for the help.

Chris
    FF/EMT-P
    Kinde Area Fire Dept.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Globe G- Extreme

Hey chris, We just recently switched to the g-extreme turnout gear. We won the grant last year and ordered globe matrix turnout gear. We went to Indianapolis to FDIC a week later. They released the G- Extreme gear at the show. I tried the gear on and thats all it took. We cancelled the order of matrix and replaced it with the G-Extreme. We have had it in service for about six months now and so far I have been really happy with it. The mobility on the scene is great. It moves so easily. In previous gear my turnout pants always worked up over the top of the boot while doing an interior attack. This stuff stays right where you want it. The only thing we have found is it doesnt keep you quite as warm on scene as the older stuff especially when wet. But we have been really happy with it and It does a great job. Hopefully this helps. It has alot of great features.
    Steve
    Lietuenant 107
    Morton Township Fire/Rescue
    "Good to Go"

Thumbs down

My ARFF unit has Securitex gear and it doesn't hold up well. Lots of tears at the crotch and other areas. They have fixed the gear we sent back for free, but I can't recommend them.

Thread Information