MembersZone Subscriber

Question NFPA Standard for Enigines

Does anyone know what NFPA standard if any regulates the GPM for an attack pumper to be able to discharge. My department has a few driveways that are long and narrow and would be hard to get our pumper down the driveway. So they want to take our mini pumper with a tanker in and have that be used for attack's. I feel that this is unsafe because our mini pumper has a 250 GPM pump and with the heat and intesity of the fires that burn today. They feel it is a good fix because our mini pumper was the attack engine in the 60's and they dont think that anything changed. If you could please give me your input that would be great. thanks

Forum Member

check the apparatus forum...........for a class "A" engine the minimum pump is 750 gpm IIRC.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Lightbulb

Contact NFPA and get the standard 1901. It will tell you every thing you will ever want to know.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

How long are these driveways, typically?

I'm not a real fan of the mini pumper, but one possible solution would be to put a suitable amount of attack LDH on the mini and have it lay out up the driveway. Any engine could be used as a supply pumper and the mini would essentially become a manifold for the attack lines.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by ullrichk
    but one possible solution would be to put a suitable amount of attack LDH on the mini and have it lay out up the driveway. Any engine could be used as a supply pumper and the mini would essentially become a manifold for the attack lines.
    Or better yet, put water thief on the LDH and the pickup toy is just a hose wagon. x' of LDH and attack hose/nozzles. No reason to flow the water thru a little brush truck's plumbing

Thread Information