Thread: Sticky Letters

Forum Member

Default Sticky Letters

We were recently donated good used turnout gear from a neighboring full-time department. Our problem is how to get the adhesive letters off the back. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Forum Member

Us too...we had letters that were sticky AND sewn on. We just took sharp pocket knives and cut the thread and got one corner of the letter up then ripped them off. Some we were able to get a hold of with a pair of pliers, and we just ripped them right off. I thought it would end up tearing the material, but it didn't. Just be careful...it'll take a while. We had a drill get rained out so we just passed out coats and knives and everyone shot the bull while they worked.
    Last edited by Co11FireGal; 12-12-2004 at 01:59 AM.
    IACOJ

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap it if we do not lose heart."

MembersZone Subscriber

Trying to get the sticky residue off is difficult also. We just bought the panels with our name on them and sewed these over the old lettering instead of removing them. I think we got these panels through Galls and our local Dry Cleaners that does alterations sewed them on for free.
    SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
    "Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

Once a Marine, Always a Marine

I got the best of both worlds- Firefighter and Marine

Thread Information