Cpt. Common Sents

Default Help!! Oral boards on Monday

I have my oral interview and background check with Montgomery County, MD on Monday. Any advise and/or suggestions needed

Forum Member

Default Tape Recorder

The closest distance between you and that badge is to pick up a tape recorder and hear what is coming out of your mouth.

You need to get married to a hand held tape recorder and practice everywhere you go.

This is usually a guy thing. Guys think about their answers in their head and write them down. Then they think their answers are going to come out of their mouths like magic in the oral. Trust me, they donít! The brain and mouth donít work that way.

Try this. Take 3X5 cards and write down your oral board questions. Practice your answers with the tape recorder. If you hear something you do not like when you play it back, turn over the 3X5 card and write it down. The next time you go after that question, turn over the card first and see what you donít want to say.

You can find more on testing secrets in the Career Article section from the Jobs drop down menu just above this posting.

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob" Author, Becoming A Firefighter

www.eatstress.com
    Last edited by CaptBob; 12-11-2004 at 12:27 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

my advice would be to order eatstress from capt bob asap, it was worth every penny, gave me a whole new understanding about the oral boards and what they are all about.

best of luck to you

Thread Information