Utah-Orem FD battles Commercial Fire
Fire Destroys Orem Business
Dec. 10, 2004
Video news Report:
A candle, left burning...destroyed an Orem business, tonight.
passerby...noticed fire, coming from the building...around 8 o'clock.
"Angie's Holistic Healing"...is the business that burned.
Firefighters, say...the owner remembers leaving a candle burning, inside.
It's the latest in a string of candle fires...along the Wasatch Front.
Chief Andy Byrnes, Orem Fire Dept.:"CANDLES NEED TO BE ON A FIRM BASE AND THEY NEED TO BE SUBSTANTIAL ENOUGH THAT THEY DON'T GET TIPPED OVER EASILY AND THEY JUST NEED TO BE BLOWN OUT WHEN NOBODY'S IN THE ROOM...WHEN YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE AND THEY CAN'T JUST BE LEFT BURNING."
In this fire...the candle ignited a nearby drapery.
And, the fire spread from there.