At my center, dispatching for 5 county fire departments, 4 law enforcement agencies including WV State Police and Jackson Co Sheriff, and 1 county wide EMS agency with 3 stations, we use the InterAct CAD system, and InterAct GIS Mapping system, and ZETRON touch screen radio/paging system.

Forum Member

Research I've done shows IMC (www.imcus.com) is leading the pack right now for completely integrated CAD and Fire Records system. The system works great for departments up to 500 sworn personnel (police or fire). The CAD system sends all of the fire call information to the NFIRS report including who's on what truck, duties, times, address information, and so much more! Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceT View Post
    Research I've done shows IMC (www.imcus.com) is leading the pack right now for completely integrated CAD and Fire Records system. The system works great for departments up to 500 sworn personnel (police or fire). The CAD system sends all of the fire call information to the NFIRS report including who's on what truck, duties, times, address information, and so much more! Check it out.
    What sort of research has led you to this conclusion, Bruce?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Cad

I dispatch for a central dispatch. We dispatch for the county, 1 city, and 5 small towns. We also dispatch for all fire and ems agencies in our county. We use CISCO, tied into cerulean/packet cluster, and I have to say, more times than not, I end up beating my head on the counter. It seems like every time things get to working good, CISCO pushes an upgrade that ends up causing more problems than good. It can be user friendly when it works good, but we end up fighting it more times than not.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceT View Post
    What department do you work for BruceT? From all of your previous posts it seems like you represent IMC.

Default BruceT

It was asked earlier but who do you work for and how do you support your market data on IMC? All of your posts are related to selling IMC? Is that who you work for?

Our department switched to windows based CAD in September. We use EN ROUTE. It is the worst piece of crap, un user friendly, slow system. We all hate it. We had GEAC text based and while it had it problems, we wish we had it back. WE use Visionar for RMS and aren't too thrilled about that either.

Forum Member

A lot of KY is using InterAct CAD, we use it in Bullitt County just south of Louisville Metro. I'm not a dispatcher, but we love it and so do our dispatchers
    Josh Ball
    FF/EMT - Zoneton Fire Protection District
    PSO II - Louisville International Airport
    Deputy - Bullitt County Sheriff's Office

Thread Information