Forum Member

Default It's happening in canada now too....

I see that the firefighters union in Canada is now pulling the same trick with thier members who volunteer as the IAFF has been doing here in the states. It's really too bad that they feel they need to restrain the rights of indivivuals to volunteer on THIER off-time in an effort to to cut the heads off the volunteer departments....

Just my thoughts.

Forum Member

Default Re: It's happening in canada now too....

Originally posted by LaFireEducator
    I see that the firefighters union in Canada is now pulling the same trick with thier members who volunteer as the IAFF has been doing here in the states. It's really too bad that they feel they need to restrain the rights of indivivuals to volunteer on THIER off-time in an effort to to cut the heads off the volunteer departments....

Just my thoughts.
    The IAFF represents FF's in Canada and the USA.

This is an arguement that has been hashed out over and over again.

I know of a few FFs who wear the "two hats"... they just don't volunteer in the same jurisdiction that they work in or have the potential for working in on mutual aid.

Sometimes it better to say "don't ask, don't tell"....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong you unionites, but my understanding is that this is the INTERNATIONAL's position; it is still up to each LOCAL to decide the policy affecting their members.

--------------
    Edited to add a rather impotent word (itallics). Really should start using that grammer-checker.....
    Last edited by jaybird210; 12-14-2004 at 05:09 PM.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Regardless of each areas guidelines, it's nice that the Union itself allows towns and areas have their own policy on fulltime/volunteering situations.

Not all solutions fit all towns.
    Local 2068

former FH.com member

Thumbs down troll

Go back where you came from.
    Last edited by SAFD46Truck; 02-04-2007 at 02:58 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Get rid of volunteer fire departments; they are keeping us from having a regulated fire service. They are out of control, we could have our professional firefighers in thier. These bleeding hearts aren't looking into it with the safety of the public in it's best interest as volunteers. They should have paid professionals in their, not unpaid amatures!
    This ought to be interesting.....
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Forum Member

Originally posted by fiNEWBIEre
    US, Canada, UK...

INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FIREFIGHTERS

Dimwit!

You know how this can be solved?

Get rid of volunteer fire departments; they are keeping us from having a regulated fire service. They are out of control, we could have our professional firefighers in thier. These bleeding hearts aren't looking into it with the safety of the public in it's best interest as volunteers. They should have paid professionals in their, not unpaid amatures!
    This ignorance is almost not worth a reply but I will put our POC Dept. up against yours anyday.
    Now DROP the full time against the vollie debate. Are we not all here to do the same job?

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Thumbs down TROLL

Just ignore him, I believe he's on a crusade to stir the pot and get a rise out of whoever will respond. He posted the same S**T in thread after thread after thread last night! I've seen at least 6 or 7 threads with these gems. A number of people have reported his posts to the webteam, the more the merrier.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information