MembersZone Subscriber

I am not sure of the brand of our helmets and shields, but I do know that when the shield is up as high as it will go, it is just touching the ridge on top of the helmet. If the shield is forced to go farther up the ridge, it puts stress on it and causes it to crack. This I know from experience. Maybe when your helmet is stored, the shield is forced higher up than it needs to go.

As for goggles that are compatible with prescription glasses, my department buys Paulson tactical series goggles which can be ordered from Galls. They work really well, and fit over glasses comfortably, but yet do not look like bug eyes.

Forum Member

Arnt all ESS Innerzone goggles, rated to be on your helmet while doing interior work? (ESS I II III)
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

On my 1010 I have a tuffshied mounted permanently and I have a pair of Innerzone II's that snap on. Use them for when I really dont need a shield. Plus I have safety glasses out the wazoo.

When I get my leather soon I will have to go with the bourkes and goggles. But that leaves the rest of my forhead and sides of my face open for attack from debris. But I would never be caught with a shield on a leather.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Thread Information