Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Sylvania Twp. FD Fire Station Plans

Enroll in Medic school now....if this all goes through there's gonna be a hiring boom in Sylvania!

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs...140426/-1/NEWS

Article published December 14, 2004

Sylvania study suggests plan to relocate 3 fire stations

Three of four fire stations in Sylvania Township should be abandoned and replaced by new buildings at different sites, according to a report unveiled last night at a joint meeting of the township trustees and Sylvania City Council.
    A 16-member committee of public officials and residents also concluded in its report that another station should be built, according to the report.

The committee estimated the project, including new fire equipment and funding for the proposed fifth station, would cost about $20 million.

Brad Peebles, township administrator, said the committee was formed after a study by the University of Toledo's department of geography and planning made a recommendation similar to the one presented at last night's meeting.

The recommended locations of the new fire stations are on the property of the Township Hall, 4927 Holland-Sylvania Road; on property at the Sylvania Forestry Department on Sylvania-Metamora Road west of Centennial Road; on Whiteford Road at Summerfield Road; and on Central Avenue at Plainview Drive.

The station proposed for Holland-Sylvania Road would replace the fire house in downtown Sylvania, which was built in the 1930s, and the Central-Plainview site is just east of the current fire station on Central, which was built in the 1940s.

The site at Whiteford and Summerfield is just south of a station in operation now at Whiteford and Monroe Street which is a remodeled service station.

The committee said approval of a 1.25-mill, 20-year bond issue would raise the necessary funds for their construction.

The fire station on Sylvania Avenue east of Centennial Road, which opened in 2001, should remain as it is until a possible fifth station is built, according to the report.

If constructed, the committee concluded the fifth station should be in the vicinity of Central and Centennial.

Dennis Boyle, chairman of the township trustees, said he hopes to meet with city officials next month to discuss the cost.

Public hearings also will be held once a complete picture has been developed, he said.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber WTFDChief730's Avatar

Thumbs up

Sylvania Twp. FD is for sure a FD on the up and up, good for those guys.

rstandi told me about this last week or the week before...... Good for them if they can do it......... Hopefully they have better luck than we did.........

Hey '77, maybe you can get one of there old stations moved over to you. Or at least get the material to use, you know how much construction cost have gone up.

MembersZone Subscriber PFD109NFD107's Avatar

I know where we can get them a good arcitect....

Originally posted by Fire40man
    Hey '77, maybe you can get one of there old stations moved over to you. Or at least get the material to use, you know how much construction cost have gone up.
    I could import one of their stations to my own property........ Then I could store campers and stuff there!! Or maybe a fire truck if we could ever get you know who one the ball to get that one donated to us.....

MembersZone Subscriber PFD109NFD107's Avatar

Originally posted by firenresq77
    I could import one of their stations to my own property........ Then I could store campers and stuff there!! Or maybe a fire truck if we could ever get you know who one the ball to get that one donated to us.....
    Are those stations big enough to store that monster camper in?

I'm sure they would be........ Figure roughly 30' for an engine..... The Mini-Mansion is about the same.....

Thread Information