Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: video

MembersZone Subscriber

Default video

Hi,

In training, I remember seeing a video, I don't remerber if it was a cop, FF or EMS going in a car to check on a patient. Anyway you could see the responder going in the passenger side and has he's kneeling on the seat the airbag goes off. I need this video for training...

Anybody seen it before? Anybody know where I could download it from the net?

Regards,

Sly

MembersZone Subscriber firefighterbeau's Avatar

Could you be referring to the Dayton OH incident? The firefighter that was using the spreaders in the center counsel and crushed the DRAM which set the bags off. I think I have a VHS copy.

Do a quick search of the Extrication forums, there was a member on here who was offering to make copies for anyone that wished. You can contact him. It was Dayton, OH and is the only recorded incident of an "accidental" airbag deployment.

Remember, stabilize and de-energize.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Hi,

Still haven't found a copy of the video. I found the post Bones42 was talking about dating back to 2003 and sent a few e-mails but no response...

If anyone has a copy, please let me know so I can supply shipping informations (I will cover any charges related...). I'm sure somebody out there has even made an electronic copie that can probably be sent by e-mail or dowloaded from a web site. Please let me know...

Best regards,

Sly

There is a VHS training program that I did when I worked for FETN. It is titled 'The Dayton Airbag Incident' and the 25-minute documentary training program is still commercially available from FETN. Go to <www.fetn.com> to contact a sales person.
    Ron Moore, Forum Moderator
    www.universityofextrication.com

Thread Information