FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Default One year has past...

Saturday, December 18th, 2004 --Since the tragic death of Firefighter Thomas Brick a year ago, many touching gestures have been made to help his family.
    Last winter Brick's parents woke up to find their driveway cleared of snow, with no trace of the firefighters who did it.The Bravest also delivered Christmas presents to Brick's children, Madeline and Aden, and called his parents on their birthdays.
    "This is what members of family do for each other," said Brick's sister, Megan Assimacopoulos.

Yesterday brought another gesture.
    City officials installed a plaque in his honor at Ladder Co. 36 in Inwood in upper Manhattan, where Brick worked.Brick was the first member of the Bravest to die in a fire since the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks. He was killed fighting a four-alarm fire in a mattress warehouse last December.At yesterday's dedication, Brick, 30, was recalled in speeches by family, friends, Mayor Bloomberg and Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta."We can't do what we would really like to do, which is to bring Tommy back," Bloomberg told the gathering.
    "What we can do is recognize what he did, what he stood for, and put up a plaque so that when young men and woman walk by and see his name and some of his friends tell them what he did, they will say, 'I want to be like him. I want to go and dedicate my life to helping others.'"Friends said Brick had always wanted to be a firefighter. He'd been with FDNY for just two years before he perished.

On the anniversary of his death Thursday, Brick's family planted a Christmas tree outside his childhood home in Flushing, Queens, said his mother, Margaret. They'll leave the lights up all year in honor of him."He was Mr. Christmas to us," she said. "It's hard to be there for Christmas without Tommy. It's hard to learn how to live without him. "But we're very grateful for many things. We're proud of him."
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Last winter Brick's parents woke up to find their driveway cleared of snow, with no trace of the firefighters who did it.The Bravest also delivered Christmas presents to Brick's children, Madeline and Aden, and called his parents on their birthdays.
    Another shining example of the Brotherhood doing what needs to be done, quietly in the background and from their hearts, with no expectation of thanks or recognition.

Rest in peace, Tommy
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Thumbs up

"This is what members of family do for each other," said Brick's sister, Megan Assimacopoulos.
    Amen....It is all about taking care of family. We don't ask what needs to be done....we just do what needs to be done.

Rest in Peace Brother

Safe Christmas to everyone

Red

District Chief

Holidays are especially trying times for those who have lost a family member.

It is an outstanding gesture that these brothers who are operating in the stealth mode to help the family of a brother.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Sr. Information Officer

Default Re: One year has past...

Originally posted by E40FDNYL35
    On the anniversary of his death Thursday, Brick's family planted a Christmas tree outside his childhood home in Flushing, Queens, said his mother, Margaret. They'll leave the lights up all year in honor of him."He was Mr. Christmas to us," she said. "It's hard to be there for Christmas without Tommy. It's hard to learn how to live without him. "But we're very grateful for many things. We're proud of him."
    The entire brotherhood is proud of him! May God bless Thomas Brick and his family!
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Thread Information