Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How old where you when you started or persued your career in the Fire Service?

How old where you when you started or persued your career in the Fire Service? How old are you now?

What preparations did you take to achive your goals

Forum Member

14 is when i started and i am not 15 Ive been with my explorer post for about 10 - 11 months.
    Kat

Champaign Explorer Post 207

Forum Member

I wanted to do it since I was like 4, and started to pursaude it when i was around 12

Forum Member

i'v always wanted to be a ff since i can remember. going with my dad down to the hall and hanging out, lots of good stories. but i got in to it when i was 14 or 15 and now i am 18 looking to get on a department as a ff once i am out of school. hopeing to get on in the fall so i can still go to the national confrence.
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

Started when I was 14.

I'm comming up on my 6th year.

Forum Member

I started when I was 13 and I am 16 now and coming up on my 4 th year

Richard Lopez Jr.
    ExploreCapt. E-1
    Salt River Fire Dept.
    "Serving Today To Protect Your Tomorrow"

I started at 13, I'm now a senior member. I have been in fire/rescue for the past 8 years.

I've wanted to do this all my life, got the opportunity three years ago at age 16, and at age 19 I'm still a vollie at that department and a career firefighter at another.
    *Old FH Forum SN: WFDjr1*

IACOJ
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH-KTF
    LEATHER FOREVER!

Forum Member

Istarted at my 1st post(wichita)at 14, then I joined the 2nd post i belong to(chanute,KS)about 9 months later.

Thumbs up

Started when I was 14 Goin on my 5th year now, love it

MembersZone Subscriber

Started at 16, 32 now.

I joined the program when I was 12, then I moved to Las Vegas. I plan on joining the Vegas explorers.
    Last edited by firecadet598; 02-08-2005 at 09:53 AM.

I started on my vol. dept. when i was 13 i am now 18 the whole time i have been on the dept. i have been able to do anything the other guys can do. i am also an explorer in the city where my dad works. i start the fire academy in a few months wish me luck

i went into training when i was 18, i would have done it sooner but my area doesnt have an explorer or cadet program. i am 20 now and on a volunteer dept. you may think that is no biggie, when when you are the youngets by 9 years and then the next step is prolly 20 or 30 years that is big. infact i believe i am the youngest in my county. after college i plan on testing out on firefighter 2 and even getting my first responder or EMT certification. i want to help people, and i feel good when i am doing it.

vegas explorers... cool vegas must be pretty busy
    FTM-PTB/Leather Forever

I've wanted to be a FF since before I can remember. I became a explore last July when I was 15, i'm now 16.

MembersZone Subscriber

I got involved when i was 15 and im now 17 and am now an EMT slash proby
    ASSUME NOTHING

MembersZone Subscriber

I got involved with EMS when I was 15 and I'm now almost 18. I became a probationary member at a volunteer fire department last year when 17.

I have wanted a career in the Fire Service since I was capable of understanding the Fire Service. Watching my Father and Grandfather do this had a big impression on me as a little hose-humper.

I joined my post at 14 and look forward to four years this July. I have done what I can (taken classes, all the calls I can, drills, mtgs., talking and for lack of a better word be"familing" my brothers and sisters, et cetera).

51 Pride
    JLS
    MFC
    51 Pride - R.I.P. Sandy
    Alarm 200644004, I won't ever forget.

Remember you only have 1*.

IACOJ

The rumor has it i was born on the appartus floor... not really but my mother went into labor there

I started as a junior fo sorts there was really no program but my family was filled with firefighters so i hung out there alot, and helped wash trucks and became a junior offically at 16 and became a full fledged firfighter at , i am now 27.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" - Ambrose Redmoon
    ďItís like Legoís for firefighters.Ē Robert James III talking about hose appliances.
    "Police, Firefighters and EMS are the most collectively dysfunctional group of people in existence and only we understand each other!"

Thread Information