MembersZone Subscriber

well its about 10 degrees outside with a little bit of wind, last night was bad though, wind was gusting to 55mph at times temp was around zero then add the wind. brrrr hardly any snow yet

Forum Member

Well, belay my last (a little nautical terminology for ya there) it is now 61.2 degrees. Hit 31 yesterday. What the heck is that all about?

Global warming I guess.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

As Lewiston2Capt said we're riding the WNY roller coaster. It was 40F late Saturday night, same time Sunday night it was about -2F. They just hoisted a Winter Storm Watch for tomorrow afternoon/night into Thursday. Depending on which way the storm goes, could get anywhere from 4 to 12 inches of snow, then might turn to rain or up to 1/4" of freezing rain, then back to snow. Better gas up the generator and sharpen up the old ice scraper!

MembersZone Subscriber

Sat night/Sun Morning; we got a dusting of snow, no major accidents but we did get called out on a Motorcyclist down about 1000am. On the way to church the roads were slick as snot, but by the time church had let out it had already melted off of most roadways.
    Its a nice balmy afternoon temps about 44 degrees, but sometime after midnight its supposed to start snowing anywhere from 4-12 inches, depending on which Forecaster you listen too. Its supposed to snow all day tomorrow and into sometime Thurs. Morning.

I didnt pay attention to the forcast on the temps for the rest of the week but I know its supposed to be nasty weather.
    IACOJ Rookie
    IVFA

Sr. Information Officer

Default Re: should you get too cold

Originally posted by superchef
    It looks like Christmas will be bright sunny and about 55-59F. A typical bay area Christmas.
    I'm chilled my Cherie...if I fly in to the Bay area...can I get warmed up? (he asked with a devilish grin)
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking White Christmas......................

Originally posted by Co11FireGal
    Right now, it's about 15 degrees. The weather guys are saying that we MAY have a white Christmas.
    A WHITE Christmas? That close to Ida May Mine, I thought it would be a Black christmas. (From all the Coal Dust.... )

HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

former FH.com member

Unhappy Ugh, us too?

Yesterday was 75, today is in the 40's, and now they are putting a 30% chance of snow in the forecast for Friday! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by SAFD46Truck; 02-04-2007 at 02:58 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well, belay my last (a little nautical terminology for ya there) it is now 61.2 degrees. Hit 31 yesterday. What the heck is that all about?
    That, dear Sharkie, is winter in the south.

Yesterday, I drove with my windows down while I did my Christmas shopping. The low was 48. The predicted high for tomorrow is 47 with the dreaded "S" word just a little north of here. Christmas Day is supposed to start out in the teens but by Monday it will be windows-down time again.

The only time the weather's predictible down here is in the summer - when it is just plain hot morning, noon, and night.

Forum Member

EFD - I just returned from my (what should be daily but isn't) run in weather that was in the low 60s.

That is OK though, the weather thus far in the South is no where near as stupid and rediculous as it is New England.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Snowing, blowing, drifting, temperatures in the 20's. Roads in my hometown 50 miles south of here are impassable, and people have been ordered to stay off of them. We're 12 miles outside of Cleveland, and we can get around the 'burbs okay in our 4WD Forester, but I wouldn't want to be out there in a regular car. I love it here. I wouldn't want to live anywhere that doesn't have seasons!

MembersZone Subscriber

It's -28*c here. BRRRRRRRRRR!

Can you folks from the southern areas send us some warmer weather? My long underwear just doesn't cut it

Forum Member

Well right now its freezing rain. Then by morning its suppost to change back to snow, there predicting about 8 to 10 more hours of it,, it started this morning as rain then went to freezing rain to snow, and now back to freezing rain, we have had about 1 inch or so of freezing rain and the total on the ground according to Ohio department of transportation is 5 inches and counting, Some places there still expecting upwards of 20 inches. Saying something now about Thunder snow, never heard of it.

We have had our share of runs today, it started out with a few car wreckes and then this evening it started with tree on wires, we got back then got toned for a tree across raod, and while going back to the station we get hit up for mutual aid for a working structure, because there engine hit the ditch. It was successfully rescued and made it to the fire. After all that was all over we were listening at the station to the radios and another department had wires fall on there ambulance. Its so bad some departments are setting up command posts at the stations, and there having crews stand by. Theres one department thats been hopping since like 7pm and its 230 and in that whole time theres probably been at least one truck out. Well Im keeping my eye in the sky, wonder what I will wake up to in a few hours to.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

MembersZone Subscriber

El Nino triggered a strong weather system in the Aluetians that struck us last night. Woke up to 35 degrees and the wind blowing any where from 45 mph (where I live) to nearly 120 mph (not a misprint) where my daughters live (50 miles away). Had rain and wind throughout the day as the temp rose to amost 50 degrees. Side roads are a wet sheet of polished ice.

More of the same forcasted for the 23rd but we might get some snow It's kind of hard to accuratly predict the weather when it's "birthed" a few hundred miles away.

So in conclusion, I'm sorry that some of you are experiencing weather that should be normal for my area but still hoping you have a White Christmas....just not so frigid.

Dobber
    BE SAFE
    Before Everything, Stop And First Evaluate

23 dec 2004 0630 Sunman, In

just went out to clean off my truck and warm it up...
    snow was 25" to the end of the driveway. thought i'd check out
    the yard and it was anywhere from 20" to 30"
    Happy Holidays...

Forum Member

Question Hmmm...

Dec 23 0940

NOW the weather here is just WEIRD! 63 degrees and RAINING cats and dogs! May not have a white Christmas after all. Oh well, won't hurt my feelings any...that just means the probability that we'll get a vehicle accident during like, ohhhh say Christmas dinner...just decreased by like half. Works for me! When you live on the left side of the Appalachians you learn to take what you get...and if you don't like just wait a few, it'll change...

hwoods, yeah I'm surprised that EVERYTHING in WV isn't permanently black from all the coal dust, but most of the small mines near me are no longer in service. So how do you know about Ida May?? Just a little spec on a map...
    Last edited by Co11FireGal; 12-23-2004 at 10:48 AM.
    IACOJ

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap it if we do not lose heart."

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

freakin' cold here in wacko!!!
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

70 with light, on and off rain. Same for tomorrow and Friday. We are expecting an artic blast by the weekend. Sunny and 58 for Christmas day

Dave

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Cool Re: Hmmm...

Originally posted by Co11FireGal

hwoods, yeah I'm surprised. So how do you know about Ida May?? Just a little spec on a map...
    Man can't live on Firetrucks alone, he must have Trains...... I'm a Writer and Historian in my other life, with a specialty based on Railroading, and Coal in particular. Both Grandfathers were Railroaders, Mothers Father worked for the Western Maryland, which served the Ida May mine, back in Pre-CSX days.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Kansas City, Missouri
    Currently: 0F Partly Cloudy
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Wind: South at 10.0 MPH
    Humidity: 83.0%
    Dewpoint: -4F
    Barometer: 30.37 inches and falling
    Wind Chill: -16F

Wind: South at 16 KPH
    Humidity: 83.0%