Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Smile Howdy from a TX Firewoman

Hey. I am Katie from Texas. I have recently graduated high school in May and join a Volunteer Fire Department. I have been on for 5 months and I really enjoy it. I am working on my Assoicate Degree for Fire Science. I currently have 22 hours. I plan to go to Fire Acd. in 1 year. So, its nice to meet everyone.

Well, Hey, welcome! there are a few posts set up around the site tips for probies, might be useful. Those that aren't are finding some of them useful too.
    Rath De Ort

RSM

Forum Member

Welcome Katie to the forums... Feel free to ask questions, most in here are more than willing to answer you or find you a site where you can get the information you are seeking...

Welcome and enjoy the forums...

Thumbs up

Howdy Tex. How is the job going? Where in the Lone Star state are you?

Welcome to our little part of the world. Enjoy yourself and take part in the forums. Most of the folks in here are great. How ever there are a few bad apples in every bushel. You will find out whom they are.

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Default Thanx

Hey... Thanx to those that have replied. I feel like that I am at home. Just like being at a fire station. I am on a Volunteer Fire Department that is 30 miles aways from Dallas, TX. I take part in a Explorer group with Dallas Fire- Rescue, but most of all I like being on the VFD. I live in a city with a paid department and a volunteer department. The paid department responds to city calls and the volunteer dept. responds to county calls and all auto. alarms and structure fires in the city limits. We have been quite lately(knock on wood). The guys keep telling me that we are going to have a big one soon. I am not sure what to expect since I am kinda new at all of this. I am not affraid to jump in and help though. Most of the guys jsut thought that I was a preppy girl that wouldnt do anything on calls, but I have shown them a lot and they look at me different now. I am glad that they see me for who I really am. Well Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Yah girl it's an uphill battle but it gets easier the longer your around.
    I had the same thing when I got on, but I'm at my 5yr mark and now when we go mutual aid and a new guy from one of the other towns has a comment my guys (and some of theirs that I've worked with) tell the probie were to go.
    So don't worry about it. Yah they're a family that I love being a part of!
    Well, back at yah happy happy everything!!!!!!!!!
    Rath De Ort

RSM

MembersZone Subscriber

Hello Katie:

Welcome to the world of firehouse posting. You'll find a lot of different subjects being discussed here so if there is anything that interestes you just jump or type right in.

Welcome from Carthage, TX.

Ed
    I.A.C.O.J.-Member

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits".-Albert Einstien

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door"-Milton Berle

Welcome from your neighbor to the south!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thread Information