Forum Member

Default Support the troops - Holiday gift idea

Instead of passing along some meaningless BS email chain letter. Or buying an insipid yellow ribbon sticker for your car.

Do something worthwhile and help the troops call home. I've already purchased two of the $40 cards.

Anyone who has been in the service overseas knows how important communication with the folks back home is to morale.

AAFES Phone Home
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Thumbs up

A similar idea was posted on a clean car fanatic website I belong to... www.autopia.org

Great idea!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Hooray for Arnold and Maria!!!!

Los Angeles Daily News

Maria helps troops phone home

By Associated Press

Thursday, December 23, 2004 - SACRAMENTO -- California soldiers serving in Middle East hot spots are getting a special gift from Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and his wife, Maria Shriver: prepaid phone service home.

California National Guard members stationed in Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq are getting up to 66 minutes of free phone time, paid for by contributions from private citizens and corporations and organized by the California State Alliance, the Office of the First Lady and the Army & Air Force Exchange Service.

"I am so pleased to send our support and gratitude to our service men and women," Shriver said in a statement. "I speak on behalf of all Californians when I say how honored we are by all your remarkable acts of courage and your bravery as you defend our nation."

The first lady's office said as many as 20,000 soldiers could take advantage of the calls, which cost about $15 each, making the overall expense of the program close to $300,000.

To receive the gift, qualified military personnel have been directed to send an e-mail to Calphonecardsaafes.com that includes his or her full name, assignment location, a return e-mail address and California home address or driver's license number.

The opportunity will be available until Jan. 31, 2005.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information