Forum Member

Default Bar over New thread button

The black bar that has the service, events, magazine, network,news, interact buttons on it is over the new thread button, it wasent out of place till the site was redone. is it my computer doing it or is it just misplaced?
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Administrator

What browser are you using? Are the ads appearing?

Forum Member

Im using IE 6.0 with windows xp. What ads are you talking about. im attempting to attach a picture of the screen.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Forum Member
    Last edited by backdraft663; 12-25-2004 at 11:36 AM.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

Dispatch Dweller
    On the way to the station. Really. It's 12 kilometers away and there's traffic.

Getting 403's trying to view your image but I believe I'm getting the same problems on my home computer. I'll try to get a screengrab when I get home.

My machine runs XP Pro and Firefox, though I have seen the same behavior in IE as well. I believe it's a Java/Javascript issue rather than an OS/browser problem.
    --jay.

Dispatch Dweller
    On the way to the station. Really. It's 12 kilometers away and there's traffic.

Okay, here are the screen caps.

Firefox:

And just in case anyone thinks this is a Firefox issue, here's IE:

This PC runs XP Pro SP2, though I have had this problem before SP2 was installed. I've never been able to track down exactly when or why it occurs, but sometimes the menubar will show up in the right place for a while; then, other times, back to the same errant place it goes.

Like I said earlier, I suspect Javascript and/or Java issues. I've had other problems relating to Javascript/Java on this machine. They seem to be cleared up at this point, except that I can't update Microsoft .NET 1.0 or uninstall it, though .NET 1.1 is here and running fine (as far as it seems).
    --jay.

Administrator

Its happening because somehow you are blocking the ads from appearing, either because JAVA is not enabled or some other bizarre reason. Most likely the JAVA issue.

Forum Member

Thats just what mine is doing, I think I found the problem, I disables Norton Internet security and it goes back to where the bar is suppost to be.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

Thread Information