MembersZone Subscriber

Default Contracts binding Depts to Districts

Is anyone aware of volunteer Fire Departments that are bound to their Fire Districts via contract to provide a certain level of services?

It seems that all I can find are Districts that were created years after the Departments and there is just this implied relationship that the Districts write checks and the Depts put out the fires.

Any thoughts or experience with this?

Forum Member

Our contract(which we're renegotiating right now, as a matter of fact) binds us to provide fire protection to our municipality. It goes into detail as to what calls we answer(ALL fires, vehicle accidents w/ injuries and/or entrap, etc. etc.) The only area it's vague is the medical department. WE're not sure how far we're going to delve into that can of worms.

In return, the contract requires we get a certain amount of $$$$$ in return for those services
    "Captain 1 to control, retone this as a structure and notify the fire chief...."

Safety is no accident.

MembersZone Subscriber

Are you a volunteer FD? Is the contract public record (so that I can see some of the details)?

Thanks.

Forum Member

We're a combination department. I'll see if I can get ahold of the contract and send it to you.
    "Captain 1 to control, retone this as a structure and notify the fire chief...."

Safety is no accident.

Forum Member

I haven't been able to get ahold of our contract(it's been a busy couple of days leading up to the holiday), but I can tell you that it basically says that we must answer such and such calls(accidents, fires, etc) in return, the tonwship must provide x amount of money for paid firefighters and y amount to supplement our fundraisers.

Safety is no accident.

Thread Information