Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Tips and Tricks??

Hello everyone,

Are there any tips or tricks to filling out an application for a Federal job as a Firefighter? I'm a Federal Firefighter and I am looking to move to a more progressive and active Dept and could us any help that you's could provide.

Thanks,
    Engine75

Forum Member

If you go to Fedweek they have a book on writing a Federal resume for $9.95. I haven't seen it but thier other publications are pretty useful so I assume this would be too.

http://www.fedweek.com/pub/index.php...d1b361d1f6710f

As far as finding an active and progressive fed department, shop around, there are some out there.

are you looking for ANY fed FD or are you looking for a specific branch, such as air force, army?????
    COFire
    PROTECTING THOSE WHO DEFEND AMERICA ============================== =====

Thumbs down

If you go to Fedweek they have a book on writing a Federal resume for $9.95. I haven't seen it but thier other publications are pretty useful so I assume this would be too.
    You shouldn't use anything that will benifit you in getting you hired... Or I have been told. PLEASE....

MembersZone Subscriber

I am looking for any Fed Fire Dept....

Forum Member

you may be where you want by now, I went marine active to airforce DOD fed. it comes down to networking and who you know. If you have the certs. that will help a little.

Concerning your background......No matter how petty, no matter how stupid....Always indicate each and every arrest, conviction, investigation, etc you have ever been involved with. Security these days is unprecedented, so don't fool around. Especially if you are applying for a position which requires a security clearance. The more important a base, the more they will investigate your background.

It is far worse to not disclose info, and have them find out about it, than to be up front and honest.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

Default key words

try and get your hands on the "key words" they look for in your ksa's. your hr department might help. call the chief direct and tell him your intrest, so he can look for you on the list, and if your in good standings have your chief contact also. those key words will only help if you have the certs they are looking for.

Thread Information