makes good girls go bad

Default VFD in South Jersey

Are there any VFDs any one knows about that would be willing to take on a member for the summer? I was a Fire-Explorer for Melbourne Fire-EMS (A paid dept) and I am moving back home to Jersey in june. However, I am going to be shipping out for US Navy boot camp 2 Aug, and i want to keep my skills current before I go to Basic. Any suggestions?
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Many departments have websites. And if they don't maybe hit up each town's fire official or chief, you can usually call town hall and get this info.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
    Piscataway Fire Dist #2
    Possumtown V.F.C.

Forum Member

try your local fire department. most have military leaves, but they also have local requirements (ie, you must be those close to the station). if you don't find any, try northern maryland and delware, some of those dept's don't have residency issues (and they are sometimes close to south jersey)
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Thread Information