Question Firefighter Bracelet

I just found out that there is a Police Bracelet (Like the Armstrong cancer one) for law enforcement. The moneys goes towards the National Law Enforcement Memorial. It is Blue with the word HONOR on it.

I purchased one for $3.00.

I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a Firefighter Bracelet?
    If you know of any please let me know.

Jeremie
    Camp Arifjan FD

Default found something....

I did a bit of research to see what i could find about a FF bracelet, and all I could find was this website. Its not the same, but I thought I would pass it along. I will keep checking as I would like one too..

http://www.911bracelet.org/Firehousespecial.html

Be Safe!!

Ash

Edit: Okay from what I can tell, this is the only bracelet available,
    Last edited by wannabeFFgurl; 12-28-2004 at 03:01 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Firefighter Bracelet

Originally posted by FDComm
    I just found out that there is a Police Bracelet (Like the Armstrong cancer one) for law enforcement. The moneys goes towards the National Law Enforcement Memorial. It is Blue with the word HONOR on it.

I purchased one for $3.00.

I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a Firefighter Bracelet?
    If you know of any please let me know.

Jeremie
    Camp Arifjan FD
    Where did you buy that? It is not on the NLEM website.

Lightbulb Link to Police Bracelet

Here is a link to the website
    http://www.policebracelet.com/

The Police Bracelet Fund began with a thought by Mrs. Traci Grimes Yates. While seeing the wild popularity of the LIVESTRONG Bracelet through the Lance Armstrong Foundation, she thought there should be a bracelet for Law Enforcement. Traci isn't new to the law enforcement world. Her father, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Second Lieutenant James Pat Grimes was killed in the line of duty when she was four years old. Traci went on to obtain a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice and worked for the Tulsa County District Attorney's Office for eight years prior to starting a family.

Traci is married to a Tulsa Police Officer and is the vice-president of the Tulsa Police FOP Auxiliary. That is where she took this project and obtained the funding to start it.

The goal is simple - Raise Funds for Law Enforcement Organizations and place a HONOR Bracelet on thousands of individuals, showing law enforcement that they are supported.

Q. What Organizations Benefit From The Honor Bracelet Fund?
    A. Proceeds from the Tulsa Area will go to the Tulsa Fraternal Order of Police Auxiliary. National proceeds will be sent to the National Law Enforcement Memorial.

Q. How much of the proceeds actually go to law enforcement organizations?
    A. Over 99% of the proceeds will go to our designated organizations. We have budgeted just $300 for web site maintenance and advertising. All of the individuals assisting are doing it for free. The administrative costs are well below 1%. Other projects such as this will tell you that "a portion" of the proceeds go to the organization. We can safely tell you that all of our proceeds will go to law enforcement organizations.

Q. Why is the Bracelet blue?
    A. Blue is the symbol for Law Enforcement.

Q. Why did you use the word HONOR?
    A. This was actually a very difficult decision. We thought about many words but ultimately felt that HONOR would be the most appropriate. We simply felt that the Bracelet should represent Honoring police officers and families.

Q. My community wants to purchase the Bracelets for a fundraiser. Why should I buy them from you?
    A. We've done the research and the work for you. We've also paid $1800 in set up fees for these bracelets. That is money you would have to pay to make these yourself. You can order as many or little as you like and we will give you a price reduction depending on the amount you order. Many similar bracelets sell for up to $5. In short, you will make money for your local law enforcement organization.

Q. Why are you offering these bracelets to other communities as a fundraiser?
    A. This helps up fulfill our second goal. Place the Bracelet on as many individuals as possible.

For more information please visit http://www.policebracelet.com/

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for that.

Thread Information