MembersZone Subscriber

Talking A new headache for the Fire Service?

I was just given this link to safety glass that is being fitted to residential property, I foresee that the use of this is going to cause the fire service some very big headaches.
    http://www.keepsafemax.com/about/

Forum Member

www.glasmaster.com

or

Sawzall. Just like cutting a windshield.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

"Quote" Sawzall. Just like cutting a windshield.
    Yep, a sawall will no doubt work, but how many of us carry the sawall when we start to ventilate,especially on the upper floors? and how many trapped persons are going to have access to a saw when they are trying to bust out the window?

Forum Member

What they don't show is how a pointed object can break through the glass. All they show is "blunt" objects. Being on the coast, hurricane windows have started to be mandatory for all windows facing east. They demonstrate a 2x4 going around 50mph into the window and not breaking through. They don't show you the part where a flat head screwdriver pokes through with no problem. And again, being in a coastal area with windows like this, we have started bringing our saws off the trucks for ventilation. Then again, I'm lucky in that we don't have anything over 2 stories to deal with either.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information