Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Volunteer station manning program

I am looking for a good, basic station manning
    program....to log members and thier hours.
    For Windows.

Links or sites appreciated

-mmUTK

Forum Member

If your company uses Firehouse Software, you could log the information for all of your members in there. Or you could just create a spreadsheet or table and enter each member's name and number of hours in Microsoft word.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Smile And...............

Send an email to PTMMSI@aol.com and explain what you are looking for. They might have it.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

We do use firehouse software, it's just not at my particular station.

I was looking for something more basic, that all it kept
    up with was manning hours. i.e. members could log in/out
    when they arrived/left.

Thanks

Piece of paper with there name and hours. Thats the most basic I could think of.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Forum Member

Talking

We use a time clock. We also get paid for station duty
    We also log time spent at the station not on duty (vol time) the same way. My department is paid-on call and we keep the place staffed pretty much 24-7

MembersZone Subscriber

We have a sign in sheet and out sheet, what they did .i.e. training , man power (this is the selection most used. To watch tv or clean their turn out gear or just sit around and talk.) and meetings. VFIS will cover these people too and from this station to their first destination.
    Hope this helps...

MembersZone Subscriber

We are strictly volunteer but we do have an electronic time clock. Each firefighter gets there own credit card like time card and when they come in the door they swipe their card and clock in and do the same when they leave.

Our time clock is made by Lathem. I also know other departments in the area using a Kronos system and I think acroprint makes one. A neighboring department uses the Kronos system and has pictures on their web site.

http://www.sgtblufffire.com/facilities/PICT0843.JPG

MembersZone Subscriber

From the most basic tool.....pencil and paper to the most advanced computer programs, there is still one unanswered question...How to get your members to use it?

I have people coming and going, doors left unlocked, equipment misplaced, junk left lying around, and it is like they are a bunch of 8-yearolds.....no one was here last! I try going through the sign in sheet and heck, I was the last one here 2 weeks ago.

Our department operates on a point system, and these people don't understand that you don't get your points if you don't sign in. They think of it more as someone checking up on them, which apparently needs to be happening.
    If anyone has a clue how to get these people to sign in, pass it on, please.

The shift officer?

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Yeah, Right!.................

Originally posted by firedawg803
    From the most basic tool.....pencil and paper to the most advanced computer programs, there is still one unanswered question...How to get your members to use it?

I have people coming and going, doors left unlocked, equipment misplaced, junk left lying around, and it is like they are a bunch of 8-yearolds.....no one was here last! I try going through the sign in sheet and heck, I was the last one here 2 weeks ago.

Our department operates on a point system, and these people don't understand that you don't get your points if you don't sign in. They think of it more as someone checking up on them, which apparently needs to be happening.
    And I thought the Phantom (the person responsible for the mess) was at our station all the time. It takes a lot of work to fill the sink (yeah, the sink next to the dishwasher) with dirty dishes each night, leave 1/2 bottles of soda all over the place, and..... you get the idea. We do have a fairly good compliance with using the sign in sheets because our retirement system is based on points earned each year. There must be a paper trail for the Auditors to follow, so folks are pretty good on it. You remember the "No ticket, No laundry" approach, that seems to be what works here.
    Last edited by hwoods; 01-23-2005 at 09:51 AM.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Sounds like our fire Department. The only think I can recommend is that you take the keys away from them so they can not gain access but again this defeats the purpose.
    We continue to say clean up after yourself at each meeting.
    Good luck

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not sure what your budget looks like but you could also install a controlled access system. With this the doors would remained lock at all times. Each member is issued a "soft" key that is unique. Equipment is added to your doors and when your members want it they wave there key in front of the reader and the door opens if they have a valid key. Each entrance is recorded along with the date/time and what door they walked in. If the member quits, you can simply deactivate that key in the database and you don't have to worry about them having a key.

MembersZone Subscriber

Where do you locate something like this, our department changes the locks each year and when people quit it takes us forever to get their keys back.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default recordable locks

I worked for a gov. contractor at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, And at their firing range, they have locks on the gates that are accessed by a code. Everyone who has access to that area is in the database, and most of the time it is just the last 4 digits of their soc. sec. #. Info from the keypad can be transferred to a computer, where it can be viewed. Entrance and exit times are recorded. If the budget allows, one of these locks with a camera to back it up would be the way to go to locate the phantom mess-maker.

I imagine this system is fairly expensive. But I think one can be ordered from just about any locksmith.

If we had a shift officer to enforce the sign-in procedure, we would have no problem. We are talking about an unmanned station.

Thread Information