Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default the IAFF......a disease..

the recent FDNY incident, blaming the First Response Protocol for a death..
    ......the Two Hatter issue.....taking away volunteers because they're also full time elsewhere......

....... unions were important 100 years ago............

they are nothing but an irritant now...........

....did you become a firefighter because their UNION looked appealing ????

.........The IAFF is destroying the heartbeat of America...

.......that Heartbeat is.........."Service To Country"......

..........above all else....................

PEACE.

Forum Member

Remember what you just said if a UNION firefighter is ever in a position to save your A**.

PLEASE GO AWAY...JERK

Dave
    Last edited by Dave1983; 12-27-2004 at 07:42 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Dave...........that's my point...

by your post you've now differentiated between a UNION and NON-union member...

.....we are one and the same !........

Forum Member

Good grief.

Forum Member

Thumbs down We havent thrown a grenade in awhile........

Ditto Noz.........
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

The IAFF is destroying the heartbeat of America...
    aren't you from... like... Canada?
    Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
    North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
    "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
    www.legacyofheroes.org
    www.firehistory.org
    www.sconfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

by jeepers.... you IAFF guys.......

Ya don't BITE on a troll like ya 'yusta

.......I sorta miss it...............teary eyes, teary eyes..(because I don't know how ta work the "emoticons")

BTW.............in almost all aspects of modern society....

........I still feel UNIONS are more deficit than progress..

Forum Member

Red face

Maybe he meant the heartbeat of North America. Or something. . .

MembersZone Subscriber

Code 44, I will counter your argument by giving one small example and leave it at that.

The city I work in does not adhere to NFPA recommendations for anything. They aren't required to and it would cost them money they don't want to spend if they did. Apparatus, equipment, safety... nothing. The only way I feel safe coming to work every day is that my local union's safety committee fights for the simplest things you might take for granted but keeps me safe at work. Without the bargaining ability and political clout my local carries (and I'm sure there are thousands of other small cities that have the same problem) I would not feel safe working here. We would still be wearing rubber raincoats if they had their way. I have actually heard a city official here use the phase "We'll worry about that after we get sued." Sick as it sounds, it happens, every day. If the trade off is that I have to pay money to a large International then so be it. If I didn't like it I could quit and go back to being a volunteer. But I don't because to me it is worth it to belong. Do I agree with everything the international has to say? Of course not! I have my own ideals and opinions. Do I agree with the two-hat position the IAFF has taken? In some cases it is valid in others; I don't feel it is a problem. I try not to make sweeping generalizations on a topic this broad and diverse.

And I don't think you should either.

100 years ago unions were needed to protect workers. What do you think keeps it safe now? The Federal Government? Please...
    "What makes a person run into a building others are running out of?...Character."- Dennis Smith

www.elmirafire.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Engine 5FF

Thanks for your response..... as opposed to the others who I'm sure experienced an anal uprising ( and "squirting" ) (hey...to each their own......what you do in the privacy of your home is your biz, only ).....chuckle, chuckle..........

........in the Province of Ontario....thanks so much for the poster that pointed that out.....we will be down about 300 ......that's THREE HUNDRED !!!!!!!!! ......(for those of you that were "absent" during Grade 4 Arithmetic !!!!) duly armed and trained Two Hatters...........you rthoughts pleae.........

Forum Member

Code44

There are many IAFF firefighters that post on these forums, the vast majority get along with their call and volunteer brothers and sisters.

Your post proves your ignorance of the issues... and it has been reported to the webteam.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Cap Gonz...

Thank You for your reply............

But don't you understand what I'm getting at here?????

...........don't ANY of you IAFF'er's understand what I'm trying to say here????????????????????????????????

..........my GOD, it's as obvious as the nose on your face and as wet as the ink in your Constitution........( yes I'm in Canada...it doesn't freakin, matter........ the POINT is the SAME !!!!!!!! ).

Forum Member

Originally posted by code44
    Cap Gonz...

Thank You for your reply............

But don't you understand what I'm getting at here?????

...........don't ANY of you IAFF'er's understand what I'm trying to say here????????????????????????????????

..........my GOD, it's as obvious as the nose on your face and as wet as the ink in your Constitution........( yes I'm in Canada...it doesn't freakin, matter........ the POINT is the SAME !!!!!!!! ).
    Since you are so "informed" on the matter, why don't you just come out and tell us?

I'll save you the trouble...

The bylaws of most IAFF locals forbid a firefighter from "two hatting". There are those firefighters that do, it's more of a "don't ask, don't tell" policy bewteen their local and them. When you join the IAFF, you agree to abide by the rules, regulations and by laws. A small rural FD that is miles away from the nearest IAFF affiliate and no chance in hell of responding to the IAFF community isn't really a concern. Those that do "two hat" do so with the stipulation that they will not go to work an incident in the community that they are employed in.

Many cities and towns are also putting the "no two hatting" language into their contracts to protect the investment that they have made in their fire personnel. Hartford Connecticut did this in their last contract. It is being phased in over a three year period, but to some of the volunteer chiefs in the area, you might think it was the end of the world...

Many volunteer departments do not allow members to join multiple departments either. What's good for the goose is good for the gander....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Cap G.......again, thanks for your "ontarget" response...

yes, it appears to be a semi "local" issue.....but it is already affecting local fire response..

at this point let me state that the "two hatters" are in no peace or manner assumed to be "better" than the more local volunteers, but the local volunteers will surely admit to the fact that the "two hatters" have more fire experience than they.

Why is the IAFF forcing this issue ?

Forum Member

Don't eat the yellow snow !

MembersZone Subscriber

ff78

......but aren't you Floridian's known to " PEE in to the WIND"........????????????????

Forum Member

at this point let me state that the "two hatters" are in no peace or manner assumed to be "better" than the more local volunteers, but the local volunteers will surely admit to the fact that the "two hatters" have more fire experience than they.

Why is the IAFF forcing this issue ?
    The "answer" is in my post.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Truckie

Well now, how about those Green Bay Packers, another team to show how poor the Vikings really are.

Oh, BTW Code44, if you are so "enlightened", try the search feature of the forums and you can entertain yourself for days reading the same old dribble....
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

MembersZone Subscriber

Cap G.

I appreciate your response.

Between Harold ?? ( IAFF head )'s preaching to the masses and the Ontario Provincial Government tryin to put in place a "deferral" to the Two Hatter issue.......let's just say it's a bloody mess....

GOD help any US jurisdictions going through this same crap. ......

My POINT is thus............

............you joined the FIRE DEPARTMENT to do .......what??

...........c'mon.............WHAT ?????????????/.....

.........let me answer for you.............you joined the FIRE DEPARTMENT to..........

SERVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............

...........in "certain" "local" situations the IAFF is telling you......ie: ( by constitional wording )..to STOP serving..

...........BYE BYE, IAFF..........Hello Freedom..............

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Angry I'm annoyed by this................

I am, and have been for 46 years, a Volunteer. I am proud of that. I am also a retired Career Firefighter, and I'm proud of that too. I am also a FORMER member of the IAFF. I am a former member because I was told that IAFF members are not to Volunteer. I quit the union. I support the rights of organizations to make their own rules to govern their members. I didn't like the rule, so I didn't belong. I never had a problem from anyone either. My advice, grow a set and do something, or don't. Either way, stop whining. End of Story.

Oh, I Volunteer alongside of Union members every day, (or so it seems) and I still don't have any problems, we get along because we have a mutual respect for each member of the team. Maybe instead of Bashing, you should try Building.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Please

stop

using

so

many

spaces

between

sentences.

Rigin

MembersZone Subscriber

hwoods..... thank you for response......

......you've inadvertantely, ( or "advertantely"...is that a word ???) touched on what I'm saying......

......"grow some and make a change"......mmmmmmmm.........at this point that won't happen........the IAFF has sent down a notice that ....here I quote loosely........" if a member disabides the rules of membership.....( ie: goes against union rules...ie: is a two hatter.......) that member loses status as a union member".......(again my quotes)........and will therefore LOSE....yes, LOSE !!!!!!....their fulltime job !!!!!!

..........ahhhhhhh, DEMOCRACY ........don't ya LOVE IT ???????

..............NOT. !!!................................

MembersZone Subscriber

Rigin

re: the spaces..........

........it's for "pause"....and then "effect"..

.......my GOD, man ......I gotta re-teach ya Grade 10 drama class!!!
    chuckle, snicker, guffaw.................

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Question Now I'm Confused...................

I thought you worked for a Fire Department. Fire Departments usually are an agency of a Government body. That means you work for the Government, NOT THE UNION. No union dictates to Goverment who works and who doesn't. Someone's lying to you if they tell you that the union will fire you. YOU DON'T WORK FOR THEM. My last comment. IF YOU'RE THAT WORKED UP ABOUT IT, CALL A LAWYER. SUE THE UNION. OR SOMETHING.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

If
    You
    Feel
    So Strongly
    The
    Choice
    should
    be
    easy
    QUIT !