View Poll Results: Would you purchase, sell and or support the idea of a Firefighter Bracelet?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 81.97%
  • No

5 8.20%
  • Maybe

6 9.84%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

Question Firefighter Bracelet

I am curious how many people would be interested in purchasing, selling and/or supporting a firefighter bracelet like that the police now have and Lance Armstrong created (Live Strong).

I am thinking of a color and word as we speak but I do know all proceeds would go to a national firefighter organization.

If you have any ideas or input on color, word or organization or if you want to help please email me at wmae911@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Good idea what do the police bracelet look like ?

Default here this might help...

Took this from the Thread in off-duty discussion (FDComm's thread as a matter of fact)

http://www.policebracelet.com/

Forum Member

Hey thats pretty cool. Maybe we could do something in red white and blue that says Honor In Service? How does that sound?
    Hey wannabe hows the weather up there?

flfirefighter08@yahoo.com
    (Brotherhood) It's not just a word, It's an unbreakable bond !

Wink

I was thinking red, more of a solid color. Depending on research (which I am looking into at this moment), extra colors might be costly, but let me check it out. Been on these bracelet sites all day!
    Honour In Service sounds good!

Anyways, The weather here is much better today than it was on sunday. -25'C on Sunday, I think it is about o' maybe better. How the weather down there?..I almost don't want to know actually...lol Ah well, you better tell me!

MembersZone Subscriber

How about red and "brotherhood"

Thumbs up

That sounds great!! I think the color and the word "Brotherhood" sums it all up.

Edit: Also, FDComm, what fund are you thinking about giving too? I found three, although I know there are plenty more:

Firefighters National trust, Wildland Firefighter Foundation and WPI Firefighters' Fund.

For those in the US, you will know more funds that I will, but suggestions help! What about a burn facility or something to that effect?
    Last edited by wannabeFFgurl; 12-28-2004 at 06:44 PM.

Forum Member

I am leaving on Jan. 10th for Iraq and this would be a great gift idea for the Firefighters who are over there now. I was looking into something like this but with beads cause it would be easier and cheaper. I am very interested in how long it would take to produce these.

Well right now it's 65 and tommorow its supposed to be in the low 70's
    Last edited by flfirefighter78; 12-28-2004 at 06:45 PM.

oh, makes me want to move south....sooo bad!! well, maybe just for the winter..hehe

Well, it looks like it would take a couple weeks....no more than 6 weeks by the looks of it depending on if there is enough interest of course. How long are you over there for?

Forum Member

How about Red color, but instead of "honor", put "The Bravest"

I'm down for it, and would have my department support such a cause.

Thumbs up

I think its a great idea! I like the idea of red with "BRAVEST" inscribed. I would sport those everywhere and I would buy extra to hand them out. Good Idea!

Default great!

Well atleast we all agree on the red.

I really like the word "BRAVEST". Its short and simple. Well keep them coming and we will see what FDComm thinks, since it was HIS idea.

I am still searching for different places that do these bracelets. they aren't cheap to get them started, but are cheap to make after the initial set up.

Forum Member

(Brotherhood) It's more than a word, It's an unbreakable bond !
    Last edited by backdraft663; 12-28-2004 at 09:57 PM.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Forum Member

I like Brotherhood also.
    (Brotherhood) It's more than a word, It's an unbreakable bond !

Default Word

Morning all from Kuwait.

1st to wannabeFFgurl, Sounds like you are doing a ton of research on this. Thank you. If you could send me links to the websites you are looking at I would appreciate it.

firefighter78 Well welcome to the middle east. Who are you going to be working for (KBR, ITT, DynCorp, etc...)

If you find yourself in Kuwait come to Camp Arifjan. That is where the ASG-KU (Area Support Group - Kuwait) Fire Dept and 911 center are headquartered.

OK down to business. I was thinking RED. Why? well cause no matter what country I have been in RED and firefighting go hand in hand.

For the word we need to remeber that these will be sold/seen mostly to/by individuals that are not connected to the fire service. I was thinking either "BRAVEST" or "HERO". I am leaning towards "BRAVEST" right now.

Here are the measurements I was thinking about for the bracelets.

Adults size- 202 mil circumference x 12 mil width x 1.95 mil thickness. Red 100% Synthetic Silicone rubber.

Youth size- 180 mil diameter x 12 mil width x 1.95 mil thickness. Red 100% Synthetic Silicone rubber.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

My vote is for Brotherhood, I shy away from anything that has "bravest" on it........T-shirts or whatever. I would be willing to bet that most firemen would prefer it that way. Keep us posted, sounds like a great idea!
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

MembersZone Subscriber

I like BROTHERHOOD also.

Forum Member

Color choice is awesome red and firefighting is like hot dog and bun.

The word i am torn between, Brotherhood is awesome but i am also a fan of Bravest.

Definetly would support helping fund the National Fallen Firefighters Fund. or any organization for that. maybe even give the proceeds to a different one every couple months or something.
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Forum Member

Ok then make one saying brotherhood and another type bravest.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Forum Member

FDCOMM I am flying to Houston on the 10th then its off to Baghdad. From there I don't know yet. I am working for Wackenhut INC.

Just remember, it costs to have the template made up, anywhere between US$300.00 to US$500.00 for the initial setup. So aslong as it can be recovered, why not.

FDComm, when I get home, I will email you the links I have come up with, I am currently at the library getting research materials for my training.

I also like the idea of splitting the funds between different organizations.

Post Research..

FDComm, here are a few of the links i have picked out, they seem to be the best, but take a look.

http://www.handpickedpromos.com/bracelets.html - free mould charge**
    http://www.brentoncustom.com/silicon...-bracelets.htm
    http://www.pacsport.com/index1.html
    http://www.promobrands.com/siliconewristbands.htm
    http://www.fundraisingbracelets.com/...p?ProductID=12

Hope that helps!

With the free mould charge, you could have two different bands, one that says "Bravest" and one that says "Brotherhood", that way both groups are happy.

Take Care!

Forum Member

Def. solid red and "brotherhood"--the bravest and all the bs is just that...bs. theres no brotherhood like in a firehouse. if it is going to be supporting other firemen, i cant think of any better word for it.

ON EDIT:
    I would buy a bunch and sell them around my firehouse and at work to spread them around more.
    put the wet stuff on the hot stuff.

EMT
    Firefighter
    Hazmat Tech.
    911 EMD dispatcher
    IPN Dispatcher

Forum Member

Is "Brotherhood" offensive to our "sister" firefighters? Not trying to stir anything, just want to make sure the word choice is well thought out.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

MembersZone Subscriber

Great idea, I cant wait to buy some. I like the idea of "Brotherhood". Has anyone thought of how to pay for these and distribute them?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

Thread Information