Default Need help for project!

I am a junior in highschool who intends to become a firefighter. I have recently been assigned a project in my english class to do a research paper on a career of my choice, and ofcourse, I chose firefighting. What I need is someone who is or was a firefighter, and willing to answer a few questions. I would greatly apprecieate it if the questions could be answered with some elaboration; the more detail, the better. Here are the interview questions I have came up with and need answered:

(I know most of the answers to these questions can already be found on these forums, but as a requirement to the project, I have to interview someone from my chosen career.)

1. Do you enjoy your job? Why or why not? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it?

2. In your opinion, what type of person is cut out to be a firefighter? IE: personality characteristics, physical atributes, etc.

3. How would you describe a typical work day?

4. Can firefighting be a stressful job? Why or why not?

5. Do you spend time on job related activities while outside of the workplace/off the clock? If so, how much time and what type of work?

6. When you were becoming a firefighter what was the competition for the position like? What is the competition like today?

7. What extra education/preperation, becides a highschool education, would you recomend for landing a job as a firefighter? IE: college, military, etc.

8. If you had the opportunitie to go back and start your life over, would you still pursue the same career? Why or why not?

9. What words of advice would you give to someone who is seriously considering a career in firefighting?

10. In a brief statement, what was your reason for wanting to be a firefighter?

Feel free to post the answers directly on the forum or e-mail them to me @ SemperFi@wideopenwest.com, title the email ANSWERS so I can find it easily through all the junk mail. If you post on the forum please leave an email address so my english teacher can contact you incase she feels I have made up the answers. If you don't want to leave an email address, well, then I guess my teacher will have to live with it. Thanks to all in advance!
    PAIN is WEAKNESS leaving the body.

Do you still need help with your project? If so email me at FFMINIME@aol.com, and I will be more than happy to help.

Dustin Lang, Instructor
    Firefighter II/EMT-B

If you still need help, email me at jblake56@sbcglobal.net

Forum Member

I am a explorer in wichita, kansas and i would be more than happy to help. Email me at arc03_14@hotmail.com.

well i am still a jr. firefighter and have had to answer alot of those questions myself. so if your intrested e-mail me @ sandidge2@firehouse.com. if your intrested contact me please.

if you still need help e-mail me at ciconroy@frontiernet.net
    Do what you have to do for everyone to go home
    Put the wet stuff on the red stuff

September 11th All gave some, some gave all Fever Forget!

Thread Information