Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed kills

(removed photo to free up attachment quota allotment)
    Last edited by RLFD14; 08-28-2005 at 06:42 AM.

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

i'll take a copy. jhereg26@hotmail.com

interesting especially with the door wrapped around a tree.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

It was an Audi S4. I saw this posted a while ago on a car enthusiasts website
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 12-29-2004 at 04:50 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber sconfire's Avatar

If memory serves me right... this occurred in Europe in either Italy or Germany. I am not sure. I definetly remember it not being here.
    Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
    North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
    "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
    www.legacyofheroes.org
    www.firehistory.org
    www.sconfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Me to

I colud use a copy if you don't mind sending me one. Got a class coming up soon and may find it usefull!!

Thanks
    Jim Adams
    Pecan Plantation Fire dept.

emtjra@sbcglobal.com

Default Speed

Speed in its self does'nt kill. The sudden stop does that. It is obvious that those tall woodeny things caused this accident-could you please get in touch with our Canadian friends to send a "Hit Team" of lumberjacks to take down all woodeny things on the side of roads? Problem solved.
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Ok, maybe it's just me, but what would be useful in these pictures? The car is destroyed and basically looks like it ripped itself apart. What would you use this to show? (other than going really fast into a tree is a bad idea)
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

I would like just to show it of what you can expect at a wreck scene, which is basically anything. I can come up with a few scenarios also to practice on.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Question

Cap'n Gonzo, any idea whether or not that thing was stock with a turbo, or the owner added it aftermarket, looks more like stock. In my opinion, we're going to see more and more of this, with car manufacturers cranking more hp out of the smaller engines and lighter cars. People need to learn to keep speed on the drag strips or speed ways.... the legal way.

Will people ever get it!??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This reminds me of something my dad told me as a kid. He said, "Do you know how they clean up an accident on the Autobahn?". "With a broom".

Thanks for the email RLFD14 the high res pictures are amazing.

Does anyone have any write up from this accident or just the picture?
    Piscataway Fire Dist #2
    Possumtown V.F.C.

MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Hey, Ryan, check out www.wreckedexotics.com. Probably where these photos came from. Lots of very interesting wreck photos, many of which you may find useful for extrication training. Look under the "Bad Wrecks" section for the worst ones. There are also sections for big trucks and police cars , among others. Can keep you busy for hours if you're interested in that kind of thing....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Here's an interesting one...
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Sometimes you just have to get it towed.....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

...Interesting stabilization scenario....

Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

...when the sign said "Narrow Bridge" they meant it....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Guardrail intrustion into the passenger area..
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

...Darwin award finalist.....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

How do ya stabilize this? Fortunately the driver had self-extricated (in fact he had fled the scene on foot). (By the way, Ryan, this one is in Texas.....)
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Wouldn't you love to read the police report on this one?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Thread Information