Thread: Speed kills

Forum Member

Default Speed

Speed in its self does'nt kill. The sudden stop does that. It is obvious that those tall woodeny things caused this accident-could you please get in touch with our Canadian friends to send a "Hit Team" of lumberjacks to take down all woodeny things on the side of roads? Problem solved.
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Forum Member

Ok, maybe it's just me, but what would be useful in these pictures? The car is destroyed and basically looks like it ripped itself apart. What would you use this to show? (other than going really fast into a tree is a bad idea)
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

I would like just to show it of what you can expect at a wreck scene, which is basically anything. I can come up with a few scenarios also to practice on.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

Question

Cap'n Gonzo, any idea whether or not that thing was stock with a turbo, or the owner added it aftermarket, looks more like stock. In my opinion, we're going to see more and more of this, with car manufacturers cranking more hp out of the smaller engines and lighter cars. People need to learn to keep speed on the drag strips or speed ways.... the legal way.

Will people ever get it!??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

This reminds me of something my dad told me as a kid. He said, "Do you know how they clean up an accident on the Autobahn?". "With a broom".

Thanks for the email RLFD14 the high res pictures are amazing.

Does anyone have any write up from this accident or just the picture?
    Piscataway Fire Dist #2
    Possumtown V.F.C.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Hey, Ryan, check out www.wreckedexotics.com. Probably where these photos came from. Lots of very interesting wreck photos, many of which you may find useful for extrication training. Look under the "Bad Wrecks" section for the worst ones. There are also sections for big trucks and police cars , among others. Can keep you busy for hours if you're interested in that kind of thing....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

Here's an interesting one...
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

Sometimes you just have to get it towed.....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

...Interesting stabilization scenario....

Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

...when the sign said "Narrow Bridge" they meant it....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

Guardrail intrustion into the passenger area..
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

...Darwin award finalist.....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

How do ya stabilize this? Fortunately the driver had self-extricated (in fact he had fled the scene on foot). (By the way, Ryan, this one is in Texas.....)
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

Wouldn't you love to read the police report on this one?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

The wrecked Audi is a 3-door Audi A3, ( kid-brother to the
    4-series (S4)), probably with the turbo charged 1,9 litre diesel engine because it only revs to about 5000 rpm. When the car finally hit the tree the car was doing about 60 m.p.h. ( if the crash occured in germany or austria... 96 kilometres per hour = 60 m.p.h.)

I guess those photos show 60 m.p.h. can mess up a car pretty bad !!
    Fredrik

Firefighter

Lulea firedep. Sweden

MembersZone Subscriber

Post Speed Kills

I would be interested in receiving your powerpoint show for a training program I am putting together, along with any details you can divulge. Thank you. tsofield@bwiairport.com

Forum Member

Default DANG !!!!!

Mighty impressive yet sad too..............but great for MOI, size up, safety ......... awesome ....
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Capt Gonzo, this look familiar?
    IACOJ light and power detail

Forum Member

Wink

as a matter of fact it does....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

umm, Texas huh? Why doesn't that one surprise me. Just goes to show that if it can be done it will usually be done first in Texas.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

That accident was on the west side of Houston just outside the city limits. Community FD was the respondeing agency.
    "Dont forget to wear your Reed"
    "When you buy junk, you now own junk"

J.Brown

Thread Information