Post civil service exam

I am a volunteer looking to get hired full-time after college is finished. When is the best time to start taking the civil service exam? Im not too familiar with the exam, so how often are they offered and how do you know when the test is being offered? Are the tests given for just certain areas? Please help me!

Thanks ahead of time for all that post

Forum Member

Default Re: civil service exam

Originally posted by dougefreshcjfd
    I am a volunteer looking to get hired full-time after college is finished. When is the best time to start taking the civil service exam? Im not too familiar with the exam, so how often are they offered and how do you know when the test is being offered? Are the tests given for just certain areas? Please help me!

Thanks ahead of time for all that post
    1.What state are you refering to?

2.The best time to start taking tests is now.

Forum Member

I am a volunteer looking to get hired full-time after college is finished.
    What is your college major? Two or four year degree?

Captain Bob

www.eatstress.com

Default reply

I am a resident of ohio, and I will be graduating with a 4 year degree in business finance from the state university.

I appreciate your help

I am not sure how it is in Ohio, I would start by calling the Department of Personnel in your county and any county you are interested in working. You call call the pesonnel office in local municipalities as well(county, city, and state levels). Ask them when the next exam is being held. Take as many tests as you can in many different areas. The key is to get hired somewhere, then you can transfer to where you really want to work. Good Luck

MembersZone Subscriber

Many cities in northern Ohio require you to be paramedic or in paramedic school to even take the exams. The rest of Ohio has requirements of being at least an EMT to take their exams. There are some cities left that have no requirements but they are getting to be very scarce.

Since 1950, Don McNea fire school has prepared over 40,000 fire applicants with our entry level seminars and products. Go to our website at www.fireprep.com and register for our free fireprep e-mail newsletter.

Don McNea Fire School
    Dmfireschool@aol.com
    1-800-989-FIRE
    Last edited by dmfireschool; 01-02-2005 at 11:17 AM.

Thread Information