Forum Member

Default Franklin and Wayne Twp's Marion County Hiring

Hey All,

Franklin and Wayne Townships in Marion County are doing a joint hiring process/ academy check it out at www.franklintwpfire.org or www.waynefire.org

Thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

I signed up to test last week. Does anyone know how they do things when they have a joint hiring? I know some of the other townships have done this. How is it decided which department gets to hire who? Also anyone know if Perry Township ios hiring medics only or will they hire EMT's that are planning on going to school to be medics?
    Last edited by zcam630; 01-02-2005 at 03:23 AM.

Forum Member

My understanding is that it will be a coin flip to see who gets to pick first. They will then alternate every other one after that. At this point I believe the hiring is for 16 spots. 10 at Wayne and 6 at Franklin.

Good Luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

I received my written test results and did well enough to move on to the CPAT. Any word on how many get to continue after the written?

MembersZone Subscriber

I was told today, by a reliable source that 220 are going on of around 575 that took the test. Also there were over a 1000 that signed up to take the test. Good luck and see you all Thursday at the CPAT orientation.

zcam
    P.S. I have heard that there will be a total of twenty hired for the first round.

Forum Member

My BC told me yesterday that there were 560 that showed up to take the test out of 1106 that signed up. 260 are being taken along to the CPAT. As far as the number being hired, my understanding is that there will be 16. We at Franklin Twp will be taking 6 and Wayne will be taking 10. I know we are not taking more but Wayne may have decided on more.

MembersZone Subscriber

zcam,
    heard anything from cvfd?

MembersZone Subscriber

He probably wont be hearing alot if anything from CVFD, prior to the
    Feb. Meeting which is when we will be voting all the new members on or off, depending on how much they really want to be members
    zcam, better bring lots of cash with ya, there's quite a few of us that will be voting yea or nay. lol just jokin by the way.
    IACOJ Rookie
    IVFA

MembersZone Subscriber

I just got all my stuff finally turned in today. The ones of us that are being voted on, do we need to be at any of the next meeting? Do they do the in-home interviews before or after the vote? Also does anyone know If LTFD is hiring any part time EMT's. Zcam

MembersZone Subscriber

zcam,
    If at all possible you do need to come to the Feb. Meeting, unless of course you are scheduled to work at the Hosp.
    "Normally" they do the Interviews before the voting, but who knows
    And Yes, as of the Jan. Meeting LTFD is still taking applications for the Part-time EMT positions. Your best bet is to just Call Admin. during business hours and ask.
    IACOJ Rookie
    IVFA

Thread Information