Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Helmet sticker ideas

I did a search but couldn't find a good list/set of links.

I am looking for a good helmet sticket for my helmet, I have
    been to chiefcallsirens but didn't see anything I liked.
    I am looking for a funny phrase...you guys know what I mean.

I kinda like the If it was easy the cops would be doing it sticker

Any ideas or links appreciated.
    FF / EMT-IV
    Public Education Cordinator
    wwww.firemarshall.net

MembersZone Subscriber ullrichk's Avatar

I like the 1* stickers sold by the FireStore. A good safety reminder with a bit of humor 'cause you only have One ***** ta Risk.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

What about if you just leave the stickers and crap off your helmet and just let it do it's job?

MembersZone Subscriber ullrichk's Avatar

Originally posted by 42VTExplorer
    What about if you just leave the stickers and crap off your helmet and just let it do it's job?
    Is there really anything wrong with a W6 or a 9/11 tribute sticker? An American flag?

Sure there are folks who go overboard, but it's not your helmet, is it?
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

I fully support the idea of W6 stickers, etc.

But a sticker that is on there to aggrivate a police officer is just not needed. IE: 'If it was easy, cops would be doing it'

Mmutk2000, I'm assuming that you are talking about the powercallsirens site...and I'm surprised that you didn't find anything you liked there. I've had A LOT of fun with their stickers. I put them in Christmas cards, and was able to find something to match everyone's personality. That and thefirestore are really the two best in my opinion.

42VTExplorer, I would hope that the cops weren't so stuck up that they would worry about a sticker like that. I know LOTS of police officers and none that I know would be offended. I think most would laugh...at least maybe chuckle a little...
    IACOJ

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap it if we do not lose heart."

Ditto Co11FireGal,

Although I know of one cop that would probably lose sleep over it.

Forum Member

Our Dept. policy is that if we didn't put it on for you, then you shouldn't be adding to it. Every helmet has what it needs, the leather front piece w/ station & firefighter name & station number; the sides have the firefighters title or rank on the cresent & station number; the back has the firefighters' personal ID number matching what is on the accountability tag.

A firefighter is issued gear, and expected to respect the rules that are provided for it. One guy bought his own just so he could have a different color besided black and add flags, no fear, and stickers from various departments around the USA. Said that's fine, but not at our calls, we issue gear in specific styles, colors, and with the numbers so we can ensure safety, and accountability; certain colors identify different companies and persons who are capable of extra tasks. Can't have every man w/ different gear, no numbers, and metalic/glow-in-the-dark; that's not what it's about. I support individuality, but on the fire ground there needs to be a uniform policy, I feel it is very important to stick with a standard of operation.
    Last edited by blueeighty88; 12-31-2004 at 04:13 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default powercall

Well as long as it is not offensive
    I think a little sticker humor can
    go a long way.
    FF / EMT-IV
    Public Education Cordinator
    wwww.firemarshall.net

Forum Member

Originally posted by blueeighty88
    Our Dept. policy is that if we didn't put it on for you, then you shouldn't be adding to it. Every helmet has what it needs, the leather front piece w/ station & firefighter name & station number; the sides have the firefighters title or rank on the cresent & station number; the back has the firefighters' personal ID number matching what is on the accountability tag.

A firefighter is issued gear, and expected to respect the rules that are provided for it. One guy bought his own just so he could have a different color besided black and add flags, no fear, and stickers from various departments around the USA. Said that's fine, but not at our calls, we issue gear in specific styles, colors, and with the numbers so we can ensure safety, and accountability; certain colors identify different companies and persons who are capable of extra tasks. Can't have every man w/ different gear, no numbers, and metalic/glow-in-the-dark; that's not what it's about. I support individuality, but on the fire ground there needs to be a uniform policy, I feel it is very important to stick with a standard of operation.
    I think this sums it up best, my personal feelings on stickers are pretty much the same. It is not your gear it is the tax payers - does your sticker reflect the view of your tax payers. Tribute stickers are fine - everyone should have one though, Stickers are fun and can be used in different ways. If you want to take a dig at the police why not have a sticker made by a printing company and put it in your window of your vehicle. Im thinkin the officer that pulls you over may not let you off with a warning!

Here are some tips on how to not tick off the police: http://www.obrienpc.net/humor/chris_rock.html
    Last edited by Dave404; 01-03-2005 at 10:33 AM.

I also don't care for stuff that "makes you look so damn cool". I have no problem with something in good taste, W6...9/11(keep it simple)...American flag...remembering a local FF LODD. During the '91 Gulf War our city gave all members American flag stickers. If you want to make a statement, don't make a stupid one.

MembersZone Subscriber Adler9116's Avatar

Life is sometimes to crazy and somber to not have a little humor in it. It's nice to see and hear humor. It's a natural life booster.

Mike
    "There tends to be two types of people in this world, those who start fires and those who put them out."-Lemony Snicket

not for nothing, but I have stickers on both my helmets. my dept issue leather has a 9/11 memorial sticker on it, as well as a glow in the dark star of life. I also have an "proud to be an american firefighter" on my faceshield).

on my personal helmet (which doubles as my spare or when i'm not at my main station), i have another 9/11 stcker, a maltese cross with a SOL in it, an EMT sticker, and I think another one (I'd have to look at it to see which one it is).

either way, they aren't antagonistic, and they aren't overkill. on my new helmet (I just moved and switched departments) I'll probably put another 9/11 sticker on, as well as a SOL or EMT sticker.

as long as it looks professional, and can be removed, who cares? it's only a sticker
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Thread Information