Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Talking Hello from Houston, Texas

Hi y`all, I heard a lot of good comments about FireHouse so I decided to check it out and i`m glad I did, I hope to learn more and more about Firefighting. I completed my training as a basic firefighter a month ago and I liked it so much that this month I start the Fire Academy, I didn`t make my first house fire yet but I made 2 grass fires already. Ok I just wanted to say hi to y`all and now I`m going to keep on reading .

Howdy. Welcome to firehouse. I am new on here also. Everyone seems to be really nice on here. I was just wondering how old u were? Get back to me and remember to be safe!

former FH.com member

Smile

Howdy from a Brother to the west. Welcome to the forums.

Hi y`all, I`m 30 TXfiregurl what part of Tx are you from ??, thanks for the reply SAFD, did you hear about the tanker truck that caught on fire next to I-10 in S.A??

former FH.com member

Yeah Rookie I was on duty when the tanker caught fire. We didn't roll on that call but we monitored it on the radio/tv. Sure looked exciting!

Default Hey

Hey Engine5Rookie. I am in the Dallas area. I live in a town 30 miles east of dallas in Kaufman County. I live in the biggest city in my county. It is funny because we have only have two fire stations. My city is part paid part volunteer. I am a volunteer firefighter there. I am new and young to all of the fire service, but I enjoy it a lot. I dont care that much for wrecks and stuff but I love fire especially structure fires. We had a really good structure fire early Monday morning at 2 AM. It was a lot of fun.

Hey SAFD, that tanker belongs to one of our district chiefs company, he took a picture when the tanker was fully involved and looks amazing...he told us that the pressure inside the tanker was so great that they had a gap of 10 feet between the tanker and the flames, and the flames reached 50 feet high.

Hey firegurl, I`m in Katy, Tx, I`m a volunteer too but next week I start the Fire Academy, I didn`t have any house fire yet but I made 2 grass fires...still waiting for a structure fire

Quick question, any of you guys is going to the La Porte burn on February??

MembersZone Subscriber StLRes2cue's Avatar

Default ..........

Last edited by StLRes2cue; 11-16-2005 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks StL for the advice , I`m not afraid of saying that I`m a rookie, I don`t think that hiding it will make me any better, I know guys from my class that go on and on and then when they meet and old timer, don`t know how to react at the questioning `cause there they can`t lie . I f I say something that is incorrect I accept corrections `cause at the end nobody was born knowing.

I`ll see ya later... nice talking to ya.

Hey Engine5Rookie. The first fire that I went on was a grass fire. I was voted on the VFD summer 2004 so of it was the time for grass fires. Your first structure fire will come sooner than you know it. I love structure fires. They are the best. A lot of the structures that I have been on have been late at night or early in the morning. So be prepared to have a late night or early morning structure. Well best of luck on your first one! Remember to be safe!

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Welcome to the site .. remember stay safe and stay low..

Hey Rookie, welcome to the forums from another Houstonian.
    "Training doesn't make you a good fireman, fighting fire makes you a good fireman"
    http://thedarksideof911.blogspot.com/
    FTM-PTB-EGH
    IACOJ

Thread Information