Lightbulb Whats in your toolbox?

I am trying to "straighten" up the tool boxes on the appartus at our station.. my point being I want to start over with the boxes. I would like to know what you keep in your tool boxes on an engine, tanker, and a tower ladder. Or where I can find recommendations on what to include. I have some ideas but would like more.

MembersZone Subscriber

We keep them simple. 1 toolbox per truck. All sockets 3/8 drive. Ratchet is 1/2 drive with a 1/2 x 3/8 adaptor, extensions, metric and standard socket set from around 8mm to 18mm, 3/8 in. to 7/8 in., wrench set in same sizes, needle nose, slip joint pliers, wire cutter, channel locks, 2 pipe wrenches in dif. sizes, 2 cresent wrenches in dif. sizes, hacksaw and blades, allen wrenches, torx head screwdriver, slotted and phillips screwdrivers, and a hammer. All fits into one 2 drawer with hinged top tool box. Not that heavy so it's easy to carry with you if needed.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Tools

We got some boxes from Cresent at Sam's Club. They are high quality tools at a low price. It has a fairly standard array of tools...screwdrivers, sockets, allen wrenches, water pumps, etc. There are a few tools it does not have like a hammer and hack saw. We keep that stuff in a separate box. The set from Cresent is a nice thin case that fits well in our apparatus. All the tools have a place and stay in their plance nicely. It is easy to see if something has disappeared or not at the glance of an eye.

MembersZone Subscriber

You can never have to many tools on your truck. if you have room put as many as you can on. if you are limited on space put the ones you feel are most important to your companies response needs.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by wlvfd41
    You can never have to many tools on your truck. if you have room put as many as you can on. if you are limited on space put the ones you feel are most important to your companies response needs.
    I've found the opposite to be true - I used to be at a station where everyone kept adding tools to the box until it got to the stage where it was jam packed. It became really embarrassing when you went to an MVA on the Main St and it took you 20 minutes to arrange the tools in exactly the right way to get them all in so as you could get the lid shut - especially when you felt like you had 250 onlookers watching trying to figure out the puzzle.

One day I snuck the tool box out the back to the shed and removed about 35% of the tools that we didn't use - problem solved.
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

Thread Information