Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Usaf Firefighter

I'M CURRENTLY A DEPLOYED AIRMAN, LOOKING TO GET OUT IN ABOUT 8 MONTHS. I HAVE FIREFIGHTER I & II, HAZMAT OPS, HAZMAT TECH, INSTUCTOR I, AARF, AND ATTENDING AN EMT-B CLASS IN THE SPRING. AM I ON THE RIGHT PATH TO GETTING HIRED ON IN CALIFORNIA? IF NOT, WHAT INPUT CAN BE PROVIDED TO IMPROVE MY CHANCES?

If you know you want to work in Cali. I would contact some depts in the area you're looking for and see what they like.

Many times all your AF certs don't mean jack to them.

Out of curiosity, have you thought of being a DoD civilian. I know that you're in the AF I assure you that not all DoD departments operate like that. I was also a FF in the AF and now I work for the Army as a civilian, and would never go to work for the AF again.

Most army bases run more REAL stuff than the AF does, because they're known for being Large bases and, well, you know how army people are!! I'll just leave it at that
    COFire
    PROTECTING THOSE WHO DEFEND AMERICA ============================== =====

Default Post AF Fire

Well Luna, COfire is right, I am ex AF fire as well, I seperated and live in Texas, I work for a municipal dept. now for 10yrs. As for Cali I am not sure??? But I know TX accepts all AF certs. you just have fill out the Texas commission fire protection Application and pay the fees and then you are state certified. Then start apply to different cities and take their civil service test. I would guess any state would be the same???? Also texas accepts national registry EMT as well.

hope any of this helps..
    Just make sure the pay is ok though.
    Tim

Thread Information