Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber FireCritic's Avatar

Default Starting a New Explorer Post

I was wondering where I would get information and assistance in starting a new Explorer Post from the ground up in my department. I have searched the internet but I am apparently looking in the wrong places. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Forum Member

first you need to find a department that will sponcer you. then you need to go to the local BSA office and talk to some one there about the learning for life division. then you will need members and advisors.

where are you from??
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

Default New Explorer Post

I am in Roanoke Virginia. I am a Lt. in the department. I am looking to start an explorer post for the department in order for the younger adults and older teens to get into firefighting. I think that you have helped in telling me to contact the local BSA. I wasn't sure exactly if they were associated, but now I know. I will contact them as they are a couple of blocks from the station. Thank you. I appreciate any other help you have to offer as well.

At my fire explorer post, we meet on the first and third wednesday of the month during the school year from 7-9pm and in the summer every wednesday from 6-9pm. We participate in year round drills, competitions(waterball, combat challenge, etc.), meetings, classes and various other training activities.

FireFleitz, if you could give me your email, I would be more than happy to email you our rules and regulations. I could also include a list of activities we have done and basic post information.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Start here and only here:

http://www.learning-for-life.org/exp...ire/index.html

It's not a process or program that should be taken lightly. A total commitment from all levels of your Department and municipality is essential. We've been doing it since 1967 with excellent results.

http://www.lafd.org/explorer.htm

Best Wishes,

Brian
    Please no e-mail. Public replies only. Thank you!

Default email

My email is FireFleitz@verizon.net. Thanks for any info you are able to pass on.

Also LAFD is your Local IAFF associated with the program at all?
    Last edited by FireFleitz; 01-05-2005 at 08:25 PM.

Forum Member

I regretfully cannot speak for the Local. I do however, welcome you to establish fraternal contact with IAFF Local 112's leadership at via their office phone: (213) 895-4006.

Brian
    Please no e-mail. Public replies only. Thank you!

Forum Member

i'll try to e-mail you some of the by laws of the post around here in SE Michigan. our website is htfd.com if you want to see our post.
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

Hey,

Im really sorry I havent sent it to you yet. My computer is all screwed up and I am at a friends posting this so you guys dont think I left you hangin.

Its comin.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Here is most of it, trying to find what I did with the rest I typed after my computer screwed up.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Rules and Regs

Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it. We will see what happens.

Myself and 2 other FF's totallty rwvamped our post. In just over 18 months we have more than tripled our membership and also have explorers on the trucks. I can give you some insight and contact information if you need it

Thread Information