Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Learning microsoft office?

Still trying to figure out these programs. How did you learn these programs? Went to Microsoft website and can not find simple lessons.
    Learned some of what these programs by just tinkering with it. Any suggestions?Any good books on it for refrence?

Microsoft Office for Dummies. The "for Dummies" series of books are actually pretty good.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Smile

"For Dujmmies " I was thinking that too. Very good book. At least you will be able to understand it without all the clicks,pops, and whirrs of computer jargon.
    YGBSM!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

If all you have is a hammer, then your problems start to look like nails.

IACOJ
    Southern Division.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info

Once you get the hang of it, many of the concepts are shared amongst all the office programs. Don't be too frightened by it all.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

There are several books at library on how to do MS stuff. Also, check the local adult education programs from the city rec department or the local school district. They might both offer classes. I know my wife teaches them year round, she is the MS genius at my house.

The Office programs (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.) are pretty easy. I've never taken an actual class on them, just learned by playing arounf with them or people showing me tips and such. I still learn a few things every now and then.

As nm said, once you learn one of them, it makes the rest of them a whole lot easier. Front Pages (the website builder) is just as easy once you learn the rest........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Thread Information