MembersZone Subscriber

Default Conference of Western Wayne...

Could anyone who has taken the CWW agility test please give me a breakdown of the stations and times? Overall time? Alot of writing,I know, but it would be greatly apreciated. I looked online and could not find what I needed. If anyone knows of anywhere I can look, please let me know.
    I just got hired on a combo department, TODAY, and am very excited. I really wanted to work for this department. Pending the successful completion of the agility test and physical, I'm in! Anyway, any help would be great!
    Thanks and be safe,
    KC

PHILIPPEANS 4:13
    Last edited by prymtym; 01-06-2005 at 11:09 PM.
    "PHILIPPEANS 4:13"

Forum Member

I just signed up for my tests on Monday.

1) Swing axe 15x at a ground level target using overhead 2-arm swings. Time: 20 sec.
    2) Walk length of a 28ft ladder laid on the ground and return while walking only on the rails while carrying 50 pounds of hose. Time: 55 seconds, 5 sec step off penalty.
    3) Drag sections of 50 pound hose 100ft and connect to fixed point. T: 2 min
    4) Remove 14’ ladder from mount, position against wall, climb up and down, replace ladder. T: 1:15
    5) Carry 50’ roll of 2 ½” hose 25’ to stairs, walk up and down stairs, set down on designated spot and return to starting line, do same with hose bundle and again with roll. 4:00
    6) Pull a rope then 50’ of hose to a pulley assembly until hose reaches specified location. SCBA (on air) is used in this event. 1:00
    7) Drag or carry a 125 lb 100’ Time= 1:15

Two trials are allowed per event. Full bunker gear with SCBA is worn for all events.

Forum Member

It's been several years since I took this test, but I'm sure you'll do fine. Don't sweat it- you could be a double amputee and still pass. Easiest agility test I ever took.

What department did you get hired at?

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Thanks very much for the info! Sat. Jan. 22 is my test date. Is the test non-stop or one station at a time?
    I talked to the chief today and he is going to let me use the department-issued turnouts and SCBA. Much lighter than what I hear the loaner stuff is.
    I will tell which department I got on when I actually start. I read here somwhere that "Nothing counts 'til you have the badge..." or something like that. Makes sense to me.
    Thanks again,
    KC

Philippeans 4:13

MembersZone Subscriber

How would i sign up to take this test I have been trying to find out info about this test for some time. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Forum Member

Oops. I lied. It turns out only the coat, helmet, gloves (optional) and scba are worn during the test. And the event with the ‘on air’ is actually just breathing through the *mask*.

You sign up at Schoolcraft college’s testing and assessment center.

I signed up at the Livonia campus, but most of the tests are held at the Radcliff Center in Garden City.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by ffexpCP
    I just signed up for my tests on Monday.

1) Swing axe 15x at a ground level target using overhead 2-arm swings. Time: 20 sec.
    2) Walk length of a 28ft ladder laid on the ground and return while walking only on the rails while carrying 50 pounds of hose. Time: 55 seconds, 5 sec step off penalty.
    3) Drag sections of 50 pound hose 100ft and connect to fixed point. T: 2 min
    4) Remove 14’ ladder from mount, position against wall, climb up and down, replace ladder. T: 1:15
    5) Carry 50’ roll of 2 ½” hose 25’ to stairs, walk up and down stairs, set down on designated spot and return to starting line, do same with hose bundle and again with roll. 4:00
    6) Pull a rope then 50’ of hose to a pulley assembly until hose reaches specified location. SCBA (on air) is used in this event. 1:00
    7) Drag or carry a 125 lb 100’ Time= 1:15

Two trials are allowed per event. Full bunker gear with SCBA is worn for all events.
    Last edited by prymtym; 02-19-2005 at 06:55 PM.

Forum Member

I am sure you will do fine. As has been stated it is the easiest agility test around. I am a female and had no problems. The hardest station for me was pulling the hose up to the top of the ceiling, but still wasnt that bad overall.
    I took it a few years ago, but if I remember correctly you get a small (up to 3 min?) break between each one. If you fail it, I think you come back to it at the end; not positive though. Good luck.
    Biggest thing: DONT OVERSLEEP. that means a few things, no drinking today, get in early, get to bed early, get up early, eat a good breakfast, leave early, know where you are going, and arrive early.
    Good luck.

Forum Member

I took it last Saturday. It is really not that hard. There are no breaks, just the amount of time it takes to walk to the next station. The whole test took me less than 1/2 hour.

tip- don't rush through. Take your time- there is plenty of it. Ask questions to make sure you understand what is required.

Forum Member

Default somthin' else

You are given *TWO* trials if needed to pass each station. I passed each one on the first try. I think one would have to try to not pass this test.

The test is also indoors. So don't dress as if your going to be out in the cold.
    Last edited by ffexpCP; 02-21-2005 at 07:13 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry Test...

I took the test last Saturday too. I FAILED! I did the rope hoist station first, no propblem. The hose bundles second, no problem. Third, walking on the extention ladder with the hose. BIG PROBLEM! I slipped turning around, stepped off and rolled on my ankle. I sprained it something good! I tried to do the station again, but had to go so slow because of the EXCRUCIATING pain that I went over the time limit by 2 seconds! So, yes, you can fail the test. It's alright. Even if I would have passed that station I could have never drug the dummy up any stairs. I couldn't even drag myself! Oh well.
    I spent the last couple days on the couch with my foot elevated trying to think of a way to take the test sooner than next March 19, but came up empty. I already got on a department, just needed to pass the test to start. I don't know if that mekes it easier to swallow or harder. At least I only had to pay $50. Guess I just have to wait a month. DAMN IT!
    Thanks for the info though,
    KC

What department do you work for nepatfan?

Forum Member

Work for Dearborn, we just hired a few, wasnt you was it?

MembersZone Subscriber

No, not to worry. I just got back into firefighting after a four year "leave of absense", if you will. I just got on at a Combo department near Ann Arbor. I still have to pass that damn test though. Three and a half more weeks! AGH!
    Dearborn job is a good one. I used to work at Riverview with a guy who got hired there. I think there. Can't remember his name though. Congrats to you, or any female who gets on full-time around here. I imagine it's pretty hard to do. Maybe I'm wrong though. Anyway, stay safe.

Thanks for your help,
    KC

Forum Member

Default Re: Test...

Originally posted by prymtym
    walking on the extention ladder with the hose. BIG PROBLEM! I slipped turning around, stepped off and rolled on my ankle. I sprained it something good! I tried to do the station again, but had to go so slow because of the EXCRUCIATING pain that I went over the time limit by 2 seconds!
    Thats the only station I had a problem with. I blame my clown feet. I had *4* step-offs, but still made it. I was worried when my tester was adding up my score said, "hold on, I need to get a calculator"

Thread Information