Thread: fire-ect

Forum Member

Default fire-ect

Is anybody going to fire-ect this year for any courses. I start the EST program March 21, be nice to put some faces to the names.

Forum Member

Not unless the Chief forces me to go We do as much regional training as possible and try to stay away from Vermillion if we can. There is a long story to this one and maybe some day I'll tell you about it.

Forum Member

Lets hear this long story. Our current deputy cheif was an instructor there for a couple of years. He said the school is realy good for the students, but it is a gong show for the instructors.

MembersZone Subscriber

We just sent three of our guys to Vermillion this past summer. They had some good stories, but nothing I could share here without getting my wrists slapped.

Anyway, bring something to entertain yourself with like a video game, lots of books, movies, etc. Vermillion is, umm... how do you put it... A bit of a Hole!
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Mcaldwell, your right on and Heavyduty you got it backwards

Forum Member

I realize that Vermillion is a very exciting place to stay. With all the studying and working out I dont think I will have much spare time. It will be a very exciting 9 months, well during school hours anyways. I heard it gets very boring during the summer when the college is out.

Forum Member

The best thing about Vermillion is that you have to go through Mundare to get there and you can pick up some sausage on the way home. They do have year round entertainment, in the 3 months of summer you can watch the grass grow and in the 9 months of winter you can hibernate.

By the way it is, Fire Etc.

Oh, one other thing, they do manage to cram 2 days of learning into a 2 week curriculum so it leaves plenty of time for the afformentioned diversions.

Forum Member

heavyduty, you better take a lot of sharp pencils with you because your going to be looking for them to shove in yourt eye after about 3 weeks. How boring is Vermillion, well I understand that there is a statue of something at the end of main street, even it fell asleep.

MembersZone Subscriber

Manofire2 what platoon are you?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 2005 Alberta Regional Extrication Challenge

Hello all,
    Anybody want to enter a team in the 2005 ALBERTA REGIONAL EXTRICATION CHALLENGE TO BE HELD IN CALGARY JUNE 9, 10, 11TH?
    Although this is a regional we are encouraging any dept from the provinces to enter.
    Are ya up for it??

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Challenge

Hey Donnie, how about you pass it on to some of your new young bucks from Leduc,there is enough of you oldtimers there to show'em how it's done the rightway!!

Randy

Forum Member

Originally posted by firedog7
    Manofire2 what platoon are you?
    Technically, I am a man without a platoon. I like to think of myself as a B shifter with a C shift mentallity covering on A shift all the while dumping on D. That is after all the favorite passtime of A, B, and, C isn't it.

I am what you would call and anomoly. I've been a B shifter who's never been divorced and a C shifter who's sober, sometimes.

MembersZone Subscriber

Eat till your tired, sleep till your hungry. i'm with ya

Forum Member

Originally posted by firedog7
    Eat till your tired, sleep till your hungry. i'm with ya
    Party on, dude.

By the way what shift are you.

Forum Member

Hey Firedog7, how the hell are you doing, I have been so busy lately I forgot all about you being down on Cowtown. Things are going well up here, DC Kelly and I went to TO and got our CFEI last Oct. just created more work for ourselves as now we have to do all the investigations. We have drill tonight so I will pass on the word about the extrication competition. Drop by and see us the next time you are in town, that hall to the north of us is not the only guys that loves ya

Forum Member

Thread hijackers

MembersZone Subscriber

sounds good, I'll do that!

MembersZone Subscriber

Manofire, I'm b-shift as well, doing time at #29......

Forum Member

Has anybody heard anything out of ESA? Is this a new school in sherwood park? They are apparently offering EMR,EMT, 1001 level 1&2. I have had some of our guys inquire about it and besides - its a good excuse not to go to Vermillion!

To continue on with the hijacking of this thread...lol

Dave...Is that the same as the Global Training Centre that is there in Strathmore also? If its not, anyone heard anything about their courses?
    _______
    "There is no expiration date on your birth certificate, so make every day count" - William Phelps from "Lethal Guardian"

Forum Member

Nope - nothing to do with Strathmore!

haha, guess i didn't read that very well..sorry...going back to bed.. (I guess you should be fully awake before posting.)

Okay, anyways...lol..anyone heard of Global Training??
    Last edited by wannabeFFgurl; 01-20-2005 at 05:55 PM.
    _______
    "There is no expiration date on your birth certificate, so make every day count" - William Phelps from "Lethal Guardian"

MembersZone Subscriber

Here in BC, we have a company we use called Global Medical Training. They supplied and trained our Ski Patrol and Security Departments with AED's a couple of years back. They are based out of Vancouver, but with a name like that they may be everywhere.

I don't know the whole range of thier curriculim, but I know it includes CPR, AED, and advanced first aid, so they may be who you are speaking of. I could dig up thier contact info if you need it.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Default might be on and the same

Thanks mcaldwell, I found Global's website again and did some research on whether or not they are from the BC Area, but no such luck, they only state that they have a Strathmore office. They probably are one in the same. This one here doesn't look like they do any of the emergency medical stuff, but tons and tons of firefighting stuff. Most notably the NFPA Municipal Fire Training which I am really interested in. However, thank you very much for the offer of their contact information in BC, but this office is much closer..hehe
    _______

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Training

Check out Leduc County Fire Services, they offer a lot of courses and have a excellent facility fot live fire training all the props like porpane trees, flange fire, burn shacks, smoke mazes etc.

Thread Information