I have an Oral interview in 6 days and need help . i have had an interview before and nothing...I just recently found out about capt. bob being the best for help and I just found out about this website.
I was just wondering if there is any advice or help that can be given. my last interview was almost 2 years ago and i do not remember the question.
any help wold be appreciated.
P.S. i know about Capt. Bob's program but circumstances do not permit me to have the money for that right now at least i have a tape recorder that i have been using.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Interview in 6 days
01-07-2005, 05:59 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2005
Interview in 6 days
01-07-2005, 06:34 PM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2002
- San Francisco Bay Area
Oral Board Questions
Thirty-Plus Basic Oral
A tape recorder is the key to your badge. You can start practicing these questions to get ready for your interview:
I believe there are only about 30 oral board questions. Plus or minus a couple. But these 30 can be disguised into hundreds of different questions.
Here is a simple way to break a disguised question down. Dissect the question down to its simplest term, one word, of what the question is really about. Once you have removed the disguise, you can place it in one of the 30 plus oral board questions you already have answers for. This is one of the simple tools we have
to uncomplicate the oral board process.
Try this. Take 3X5 cards and write down your oral board questions. Practice your answers with the tape recorder. If you hear something you do not like when you play it back, turn over the 3X5 card and write it down. The next time you go after that question, turn over the card first and see what you donít want to say.
Here is the list of the "Thirty Plus Oral Board Questions":
Thirty-Plus Basic Oral
1. Tell us about yourself.
2. Why do you want to be a firefighter? When did you decide on this career?
3. What is the job of a firefighter? Are you qualified?
4. What have you done to prepare for this position?
5. What are you bringing to the job?
6. Why do you want to work for this city or agency?
7. What do you know about his city or agency?
8. What do you like to do? What are your hobbies?
9. What are your strengths? Weaknesses?
10. What would your employer say about you?
11. What are the attributes of a firefighter? What is the most important one to you?
How Would You Handle the Following Scenarios?
12. Drinking or drugs on the job? 13. Stealing on the job? 14. Conflict with another employee?
15. Irate citizen? 16. An employee crisis at an emergency? 17. Sexual harassment?
18. Racial situation? 19. Conflicting orders at an emergency? 20. An order that could place you in great danger or be morally wrong?
21. What do you say when you don't know an answer to a question?
22. Are you on any other hiring lists? What would you do if another city called you?
23. When can you start if we offered you the job?
24. How far do you want to go in the fire service? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
25. What are the quality traits of a firefighter? Which one is the most important to you?
26. Have you ever been in an emergency situation? Tell us what you did?
27. What word would best describes you in a positive way? A negative way?
28. How do you handle conflict?
29. Why would we select you over the other candidates?
30. Do you have anything to add?
You can find more oral board tools here http://www.eatstress.com/faq.htm
If you call me ASAP at 888-238-3959, I have some more ideas for you.
You can find more on testing secrets in the Career Article section from the Jobs drop down menu just above this posting.
"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"
Fire "Captain Bob" Author, Becoming A Firefighter and
Conquer Fire Department Oral Boards
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)